• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What would you do?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What happens if you are still out on furlough and AA merges with Jetblue? Are there any ramifications with that and the eventual SLI? I don't know. But, the retirements are coming. That is a mathematical certainty. Can you now hold the base and equipment that you want at AA?

OYS

Last edited:
There is no future in charter. This my friend is a no brainer. I have done both, I know.

There's a huge future in charter, just not for pilots. The problem is, there are almost zero entry requirements to start up a shop. Add pilots willing to fly for almost nothing and the result is thousands of charter companies out there all trying to undercut each other.

What happens if you are still out on furlough and AA merges with Jetblue? Are there any ramifications with that and the eventual SLI? I don't know. But, the retirements are coming. That is a mathematical certainty. Can you now hold the base and equipment that you want at AA?

OYS
On furlough means not on the active list. If any merger happens, any furlough will fall in behind all active folks, imo. Take a look at CAL/UAL.
Retirements are good as long as retirement age doesn't change and the company doesn't shrink.

OYS

JB should get relative. Its the only fair thing, and hurts no one.

There's a huge future in charter, just not for pilots. The problem is, there are almost zero entry requirements to start up a shop. Add pilots willing to fly for almost nothing and the result is thousands of charter companies out there all trying to undercut each other.
You're right miles there will always be a future for charter just not for the employees. Charter company's come and go for the very reasons you mentioned that is why I say it is not a career job. It's stop gap employment at best. Most pilots making a career of charter are for very specific reasons.

On furlough means not on the active list. If any merger happens, any furlough will fall in behind all active folks, imo. Take a look at CAL/UAL.
Retirements are good as long as retirement age doesn't change and the company doesn't shrink.

A wish from A jetblue pilot....but AMR could take everything but the pilots and fly the blue planes with their own pilots , including with their furlough pilots and there is nothing you could do.....

please review your personal contract with blue when you got hired there..

SOLUTION

ALPA

20 years in business?

That's all it takes is to have 20 years in the business? I worked for a commuter that was around for that long, was it a "Premier Commuter"? (most definitely not)

It's an honest question, What makes a "premier" Charter company?

KBB

Latest resources

Back