• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What were they thinking..or not!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
"The British airline called its pilot, a former RAF Harrier pilot according to the Daily Mail newspaper, a "hero" for his action in taking rapid evasive measures."

It gets easier to become a "hero" every day.

ALL formation flying must be briefed in advance. Even the DUKE said so.

Yeah, but were they in a 4G inverted dive?

What's the big deal? When the pax paid for their tickets, they assumed risk and trusted in the skill of the pilots. Was there a mid-air? No. Was there going to be. No. Were the pilots formation qualified? At least some were. It was probably more dangerous getting to the airport than just going through with the photo op. In fact, I think all airliners should cross The Pond as a 2-ship.

There,... I feel better.

I want my "hero" title too then. I had to take evasive action where some chowder head in a Bonanza said he had me in sight and was cleared to land behind me. The idiot appeared in my windscreen descending from above and to the right. He was close enough to count rivets. I got the call from the tower about the time we were banked about 80 degrees and dropping like a rock. Fun stuff.

Can I be a hero too?? I got a call from ATC same altitude, opposite direction, closing fast. Rolled it steep, climbed like a banshee, same thing you do with birds.

Speaking of which, on landing the other day the biggest Hawk I have ever seen was right in front of me. I'm thinking major structural damage to me, fortunately, when I dived, he climbed.

Latest resources

Back