What we don't see in the news

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
PilotOnTheRise said:
[As far as the military and the troops are concerned. It is horrible that people had/have to die. I am deeply saddened by this and the troops as in the story who have lost limbs or been injured. The fact is, these soldiers knew the risks of joining the military in the first place. They were not drafted, they volunteered to serve. What they do/did is what a military is for and if you think people are not going to get hurt or die, then you are the one on the other planet! [/B]

Great point!

Originally posted by captainv
i can see your thinking here, but if the administration had proof of WMD and held until the election to benefit Bush, there would be absolute heck to pay for sitting on the evidence. it'd be better to release it now, take the heat off themselves. all the Dems would have left is the economy... besides, you couldn't keep something like that quiet for long. the grunts who found the proof would talk to their buddies in camp and the story would leak out. always does.

I certainly don't think they'd zap 'em with it right before the election but maybe let the criticism hit a crescendo. As they make their wildest accusations- bring it out. I don't know, may not be the case at all but I had thought of it. Mr. Rove is a helluva political mind......

Is North Korea next? They have an evil ruler and WMD. (And I bet we can even find them this time!)

When is India going to attack Pakistan? Pakistan supports terrorism, is not a democracy, and has WMD. When India attacks next month, how can the US possibly condemn them?

Are you serious. Pakistan supports terror!?!? For cryin' out loud, Pakistan is the country that allowed U.S. forces air space and other assets to chase the Talibam out of Afganistan.

Is North Korea next...........you make a good case for it. I support your view there! Yes, North Korea could well be next if diplomacy fails.

Timebuilder, you are just a joke!

Go ahead and stand by the man as he's being brought down for this fraud, but the rest of us are a little less gullable.

FACT: We did not go to war with Iraq over human right issues! We went to war over the supposed "threat" they posed to our safety. While no one including myself disputes that Saddam was an Ahole and "deserved" to be taken out, that's not the same as being truly justified in actually going to war. There are a TON of Aholes all over the planet who deserve to be taken out, but it's not our place on the planet to dictate who runs each and every other country. I don't see us beating the war drums about Cuba, North Korea, Iran, so lets not pretend we had human rights as a primary reason for goign into Iraq. As I pointed out (which you ignored) we had human rights as an issue with them for decades and couldnt care less. So our only reason was WMD, and the supposed threat Saddam posed to OUR safety! Well, the WMD are no where to be found, and as it turns out, the nuclear threat to our safety was based on faulty, unproven intelligence! How many more wars should we start based on unproven intelligence from other countries? How many lies, or unproven intelligence reports, are we going to use to justify the next war?

I love your Martial Arts analogy... only take on those who you know you can whoop? Please! We could whip every other country on the planet with our military, but of course, we don't have a reason to, yet, do we? You think we can hurt the Saudi's by drilling our own oil? Of course we can, but HOW does that get them to stop supporting Al Quaida? It doesn't! The ONLY way we ca ndo that is to invade them militarily, like we did in IRaq. But we don't have support for that war yet, do we? Well, when you need a reason to get the Amercian people behind a war, all you gotta do is tell em that they want to Nuke us. If the Amercian people don't want us going to war with 15 different countries, all we gotta do is snow them on the reasons... after 9/11 we'll apparently belive anything we are told... or at least YOU will! We'll believe it, even if you got the report from Joe's Intelligence Store on the corner of Buckingham and Thames!

By your rationale, if the Brits tell us Iran wants to build nukes, we HAVE to go in there and stop them. We HAVE to go into North Korea also. This last war was about the threat they posed to us, so we CANNOT stop there! We MUST invade every country that poses a threat to us, even if we get word of that threat from some other intelligence agency that we have no control over. Of course, by more of your crazy reasoning, if we just kick a$$ on a few more countries, the rest of them will get the message and simply disband their nukes, stop supporting Al Quaida, and start waiving Old Glory in fear and respect! LMAO! If we flex our muscles enough, all the problems will just go away.... LOL! Who really cares what created the problems in the first place... had nothing to do with our muscle flexing back in the 80s and 90s, did it?

Sounds like a really solid foreign policy to me! But what else should we expect when the economy ain't going to get you re-elected anyway? Of course, with his ratings dropping steadily again, we should expect a new report to surface about the nuclear threat that Yemen poses to us, and be marching off to war with them next also. We autta be able to take them, right Timebuilder?

http://www.pollingreport.com/BushJob.htm

Last edited:
Kicksave,

Nice Rant! I am a little perplexed by your opening comment in your previous post, to wit: "Go ahead and stand by the man as he's being brought down for this fraud, but the rest of us are a little less gullable."

Then at the end of your post, you provide a link to all sorts of scientific polls, which totally dispute your comment. Every poll, and in every category, the numbers show overwheling support for President Bush. How do you rationalize these two opposing realities that you post? Who are "the rest of us"?

You engage in hyperbole with staements such as: "If the Amercian people don't want us going to war with 15 different countries, all we gotta do is snow them on the reasons... "

Do you recall the accusations from the administration about "An axis of evil"? That was aimed at 3 countries, not 15. One down, two to go. If Iran and North Korea pose a nuclear threat to this country, they must be dealt with.

Or, would you just rather stick your head in the sand, and let bad people do bad things to America? Not me.....I am not a "Surrender Monkey"

I think KickSave has his onw view of the world. It's a distictly different view than mine, but he has a right to his opinion.

He can have his opinion because time after time Americans are called to make the hard choices and defend freedom. While he complains that we haven't gone after the othewr bad guys, I predict that he WILL complain when and if we do. Suppose we take some form of action against al queda in Saudi Arabia. He'll have something negative to say. I call this "hate America first".

I'm happy to be seen as a "joke" by such an individual. It is a reminder of the limited ideas I held as a young fool who said such things. I have a busy week, ands having a battle of wits with an unarmed person is a waste of valuable time.

Timebuilder said:
I think KickSave has his onw view of the world. It's a distictly different view than mine, but he has a right to his opinion.

He can have his opinion because time after time Americans are called to make the hard choices and defend freedom.

I just find it really distasteful that someone who has admitted he was never in the military is so quick to point out the American way of defending freedom and making hard choices. I WAS IN THE MILITARY, you weren't! So what's this hard choice you are whining about?

BTW, Bushes ratings are dropping like brick. YOu see them as overwhelming support, the polls say it's barely over 50% right now, and sliding down hard. Like I said, the rest of the country, you know, the ones who demand more from their governemnt than the blind faith you show in them, the rest of the coutnry is catching on to his scheme.

And if Iran and N Korea pose a nuclear threat to us, I'm just glad you're not the one making decsions about it. Cuba and Russia once posed a nuclear threat to us, but we managed to survive that without going to war with either of them. For you, it's either "Surrender Monkey" or all out war, you lack the vision to see ANY middle ground... just like your fearless leader W.

Kicksave:

I WAS in the military, as you might surmise from my pen name on this board.

That said, you seem to have forgotten some history. The Cuban missle crisis of the 60's, was WON, by the JFK administration, by confronting the Soviets......not by appeasement.

Serving, or not serving in the military, has no bearing on the position one has on political matters. There are just as many idiots in the military, as their are in the population at large.

You have no special insight as a former military person, unless perhaps you rose to the position of Chairman of the Joint Chief of Staff.

jarhead said:
Are you serious. Pakistan supports terror!?!? For cryin' out loud, Pakistan is the country that allowed U.S. forces air space and other assets to chase the Talibam out of Afganistan.

Is North Korea next...........you make a good case for it. I support your view there! Yes, North Korea could well be next if diplomacy fails.

Yes, as a matter of fact I am serious. pakistan has a record of supporting Islamic fundamentalism and terror (so does Saudi Arabia and a lot of other "allies.") Lately their terror has been directed against India and their age-old dispute against Kashmir.

PS: Where do you think Osama is these days?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back