• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What we don't see in the news

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
As much as I like Bush, I hate these silly emails that get around and cause suckers to fall into either an embellished or completely fictitious story. Here is the explanation from snopes.com.

Incidentally, while researching this silliness, I found a cool story about a C-130 and an angel.

While I have no impierical data to back up what I am about to say, what I do have is a general observation from my personal expeience. Again, this is a "general" observation, and there certainly are many excetions to it.

I think that's true.

I believe the creator gave each of us a very strong ego to help us survive long enough to reproduce, or, as the saying goes, "be fruitful and multiply". This ego expresses itself in many ways, including the absurd idea that EVERY generation that has gone before has been wrong about EVERYTHING. As we grow, we become more wise (hopefully) and begin to see that many of the things we once declared wrong are actually more right than we imagined.

If only this idea were taught throughout the school years...

Here is the explanation from snopes.com.

After reading the snopes account, I'm not sure who is more accurate. Perhaps all that was overheard was the "God bless you". As the explanation mentions, the internet story is certainly "in character".

In both cases, we can come away with an indellible truth: our President is a defineably reverent man, as opposed to one who say, might come out of a Ron Brown funeral laughing and joking, until he realizes a camera is on, and then wipes a nonexistant "tear".

GW is the real deal.

Oh yeah, he's reverent all right...

"Well son, I hope you don't mind that we lied about why you went to Iraq, and that the threat we used as justification for putting you in harms way and getting you maimed and almost 200 of your brothers killed, wasn't really there, but hey, let me pray for you and that should make it all peachy... oh and sorry about your hand"

:eek:

Yup, you're right. The US should have waited until Saddam set off a couple truck bomb nukes in Chicago and LA. We jumped the gun on that one. Bad, bad, bad.

Spitfire1940, etc.;

What I mean by this is proof that the media controls what we see and view in this world is this. Basically everytime we turn the news on, all we hear is how Bush has lied about this or done this and that, the economy, etc, etc. Well, personally I do not feel the economy or any of this stuff is Bush's fault. I feel the economy was going to go down eventually anyway, regardless of who is in office.

Who cares if Bush lied about WMD. Apparently he didn't realize he was lying anyway. The CIA is up to no good, once again, from the looks. But of course, its all Bush's fault. Sadam needed to be taken out of Iraq regardless of what weapons he had, because it is not time before he would acquire those weapons.

Yes, we do hear about how the troops are out there fighting and we hear good stories about them, but that and maybe a couple other little stories and the rest is crap about Bush and everyone/thing else and how things are so bad in this world.

I happen to know that Bush is a Christian man, not just because of this story. Many refuse to accept this because of all we hear about him that is wrong! The media wouldn't dare print a story like I posted even if they had 10 reporters in the room. My point was not that the media should have and didn't report that, as much as it was simply some news I felt I should post. It was news we wouldn't hear if it weren't for people like myself posting it.

The fact is this. Many of us view our world leaders, especially Bush (our own) as lying idiots who have no business in office, blasting him for every decision that is made and blaming for everything that does not go right. I highl doubt any of us could do a better job. I also do not believe Bush is to blame for a majority of the stuff going on. If Gore was president it would be the same basically. Actually the blame on the economy should be the American people. We are the ones that actually control whether it blossoms or not.

Bush is a far better President than any in recent history, especially the one before him. I think a little respect is due and we should stop all of the non-sense criticizing of Bush.

And ... when you look at it, the media does control a lot of what and how we view the world. I guarantee people's attitudes and views of many things would be different if stories like I posted were reported on, instead of the crap that is reported on.

Liberal media?

I seem to remember nothing but patriotic war-drum banging on CNN, MSNBC and (of course) Fox for the two months leading up to the Iraq war.

The media was intensely pro-war in the pre-war days. If I had a dollar for every shot of a reporter from the deck of a carrier or troop transport I could have retired. This, of course, is because the war made them money.

I think the trend, especially in radio, is moving toward the right wing.

"Who cares if Bush lied about WMD. Apparently he didn't realize he was lying anyway. "

Yeah, good point. I'm sure the families of the men and women who died don't care if Bush lied about why (or if he was just midlead by his intelligence agency).

I'd bet the two men who lost their legs (at least two men, probably a lot more) or the guy who lost his hand... those guys probably don't care if Bush lied. Hey, he meant well, right?

And I KNOW for a fact that all the taxpayers of the USA don't care one bit about WHY we have a $50 BILLION bill to pay for all this... nope... who cares if he lied about why this all happened! I mean, if his CIA director just fed him some bogus report, it's an honest mistake, and he then fed it to the entire nation in a State of the Union address, thats nothing to get worked up about...

And now, I'll continue to wait for the aliens to land and take us away from all this.... Apparently some of us ARE living on a different planet than the rest of us:rolleyes:

"And I KNOW for a fact that all the taxpayers of the USA don't care one bit about WHY we have a $50 BILLION bill to pay for all this..."

And how did you come to "KNOW FOR A FACT". Care to share your imperical data with that statement, and how you obtained these FACTS. And you include in this sweeping statement, ALL the taxpayers. That would be 100%? When did you do this door-to-door scienticic survey?

Pure hyperbole!

It might be hyperbole, but it's definitely sarcasm.... apparently some people didn't get it... :rolleyes:

Latest resources

Back