Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What was your first Professional Aviator position?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Educashun?? Huh?? 72 credit-hours at Riddle/Daytona, no degree yet. (No mo bling left). Finished ratings after PPL via ATP's Career Pilot Program, four years after leaving Riddle. Drained savings/took loan to do it.

Jobs:

1202TT/ 140ME: 135 freight dog (Ram Air, after 16 months of full-time CFI). Loved it. Probably the most fun I've had flying, but not really a great long-term QOL. I'd still be there if I needed to be.

2000/550: Hired at Chautauqua (almost exactly 8 months later).

Ram Air job happened with luck, persistence and right place/right time. (I instructed 30 miles down the road so I drove over and started pestering them about 30 hours before I hit 135 mins, and the CP remembered my name when someone dropped out of a class 2 weeks later.) CHQ interview directly as a result of networking/walk-in from a former Ramex guy. Trying to decide how to finish the degree. Good luck.

Before the ink was dry on my Comm. license, I flew a local news anchor from IND to SDF in a A36 to cover the Presidential debate between Reagan and Mondale.

Made $150.00 for that one and I copied the check when it came!:D Livin' large!TC

1st Flight profession

Back in 1984 when I got my commercial pilot certificate, I became the lead jump pilot in Eagleville, TN in a mighty C-180. Actually I was the only pilot who would consistently fly that airplane.

August 2002: CFI at 141 school. 300 TTL.
May 2003: FO at 121 carrier. 370 TTL.

Now looking for a part-time gig flying jumpers for some extra $$, time, and fun! on the side of the 121 flying.

Uhh, how does the airline look upon extra commercial flying? I'd be more careful with posting that info.....

CFI-AIM w/BS and ~400 hours TT.

:cool:

'94 grad with bs in airsci and 250/50

'96 one ME student at 265/65 hrs

'97 275/75 hrs @ part91 aerial mapping/surveying company(occasional corp right seat for local company)

'01 1460/315 hrs @ airways whollyboned, stuck there ever since :(

135 VFR only @ 900hrs 210
135 30hrs twin time in a 402
Dash8 FO at 2500 and 500

Left the whoollyboned 3years ago and been happier ever since.
B.S degree non-aviation

Latest resources

Back