• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What to do in Presque Isle, Maine???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Presque Isle is basically a small farming town. And since Loring AFB closed down several years ago, things are very quiet. As the good folks there like it. As for things to do, drive down to Millinocket and go to Baxter State Park. It is about a 2 to 2 1/2 hour drive each way. Or if you so desire, check about getting a seaplane rating. Your best bet there would be Greenville. Or best yet, just sit back and watch the world go by.

New potatos should be out shortly, so you might want to consider getting some to take home. A hint, if you like baked potatos, try to get Green Mountain potatos. Fresh potatos can't be beat.

Oh man this place blows! I'm staying at the Northeastland. I think its the best hotel here. Really its like being the best bull fighter in thailand. I think I might have to drive somewhere else, far.

Go drive to the furthest most northern point of the continental US. I think it is a tie with someplace in Oregon. If the sun ever comes out, enjoy the 14+ hours of daylight.

Do you like 4 wheeling? Or dirt biking? The trails up that way are fanfrickintastic! The local vernacular is 'whicked pissa'.

The seaplane rating idea is a good one, also. Enjoy the 2 weeks of warm Maine weather. Winter is just around the corner.

Count teeth

Oh man this place blows! I'm staying at the Northeastland. I think its the best hotel here.

Yup; that's where we stayed when I was doing regular overnights there. If you're really lucky, you get the deluxe room with the 80's vintage waterbed. Bring a sic-sac from the plane! :laugh:

I feel your pain, man, but at least it's summertime. The last time I tried to fly out of there, it was -40, and the steel cable snapped when I tried to close the cabin door. Stuck for two more days waiting for a part, and about ready to hang myself by the end of it.

Good luck!

But just think, they are flying Dash-8's now! You could have been apart of the magic.:laugh:

Nah, I'll stick to my job as a glorified baggage handler. I could have probably been chief pilot over there by now, but this baggage handling gig pays better. :laugh:

If you have any family there you might be able to get some action...

Good call SC!! Remember back in the day during winter time, they'd have the annual Snowmobile races up main street! Pat's Pizza, and big Mike trying to bang the female controllers from Loring....Oh the good ole' days man....

Latest resources

Back