• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

what the hell "sapa"

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This is funny. I don't know MN........but I did know that he was a supporter of ALPA. I guess I did my homework..............you apparently didn't.

you haven't read my posts, smart guy. I knew, which is why I didn't vote for him. and now he's quit anyway.

Does the market dictate charging you for non rev travel?
Trojan

Yes, the market does dictate this. UA gave us the free WYO after the Summer of Love 2000 and then took them away after entering Chapter 11 as they did with their own employees, union and non-union. The Delta changes have not happened and I don't think any of us knows the details yet. I fail to see how ALPA or anyone else is going to keep this from happening as they weren't able to keep it away at UA.

SkyNation, I understand that maybe you might feel a little burnt by ALPA from your previous experience and that's fine and understandable. I was also at another ALPA carrier where things weren't great either. The one thing I've definitely learned from gathering information from people is that for a particular airline, ALPA is only as good as your MEC and contract. If you don't have an MEC that is corrupt, you have people who plan on staying for the long haul to see things through and they really support this profession and their fellow pilots, I think ALPA, or any union for that matter, has a lot to offer. I know that the QOL at Skywest is better than a lot of places but what also needs to be realized is that while it is relatively good today, with penstroke policy changes, it could all be gone tomorrow without a contract, and unfortunately, the pilots wouldn't have a leg to stand on. Whether you are pro-union or anti-union or whatever you are, why wouldn't you want to try and make things better. I think that everybody at every airline can all agree that things could always be better--there's always room for improvement. It amazes me that whether people plan on staying at Skywest for 3 months, 3 years, 10 years or however long it might be, that some people are more interested in keeping the status quo than at least trying to make it the best place possible for however long you are there for. That's a duration in your life that you'll never get back so why not do whatever it takes to try and make things better than what they are now? Skywest is a very profitable company and it comes from the folks who try their hardest to get the job done on the line everyday. Don't you know what you're worth? Don't you think you deserve better? Don't you think it would be great to make Skywest the best place it can be not only for yourself, but for your fellow pilots as well? I'd really like to know why so many pilots are satisfied with settling with what they have instead of trying to effectively make things better. By effective, I mean actually negotiating something--not just listening to somebody else tell you how it's gonna be. Any insightful answers would be greatly appreciated.

Poop

SkyWest was the first one who created this "hostile" relationship. I keep hearing a union will "create" an adversarial relationship.

Hello, McFly......Anybody Home? Think McFly, think.........

When did this relationship start? Ah, after the ACE, who stalled on getting a new "so-called" contract? or.....

How about when 6 day work blocks started appearing or

when PBS started forcing JR Man, but not really, time on our schedules because it is up to us to staff the airline?

Or how about the talking puppets, Dave L. or Dave A. having BH's hand up their ass, talking directly for him........

Or is it the pilots that started this "adversarial" relationship by asking for respect? Dignity? (DO YOU REALLY LIKE HOW CREW SUPPORT CALLS AND TREATS YOU LIKE A CHILD SOMETIMES?)

Is that what happened when some pilots called ALPA and wanted to see the interest in a union? Is that where it started? If they wanted to keep the divorce from happening they could have stopped F'ing us around and give us a small bone around the amendable time of our agreement and we wouldn't even be having this conversation.

Instead, every week we get emails that rub our profits (and our lack of perf bonus) in our damn face by them saying, "We at SkyWest do so well, all because of our employees. They make the difference. Or I know from an operational standpoint we had a rough week, but you as a group pulled together and that SkyWest spirit got us through. Thank you for your hard work."
Yet, they could give a rat's arse about us for a pay raise or COLA. But keep the emails and raves, and all the other BS coming. Go Team! I will feed my family on those emails while some continue to give them the benefit of the doubt and think everything that comes out SGU is gold. Give me a break.

Time for the executive board, Dave's, MS, and JB to go. Otherwise, we might as well elect Brad for our vacant presidential slot......

It's just as easy having the sales team anyway.

Rant over, back to the whiskey.......

Last edited:
SkyWest was the first one who created this "hostile" relationship. I keep hearing a union will "create" an adversarial relationship.

When did this relationship start? Ah, after the ACE, who stalled on getting a new "so-called" contract? or.....

when PBS started forcing JR Man, but not really, time on our schedules because it is up to us to staff the airline?

Or how about the talking puppets, Dave L. or Dave A. having BH's hand up their ass, talking directly for him........

Or is it the pilots that started this "adversarial" relationship by asking for respect? Dignity? (DO YOU REALLY LIKE HOW CREW SUPPORT CALLS AND TREATS YOU LIKE A LIKE CHILD SOMETIMES?)

Is that what happened when some pilots called ALPA and wanted to see the interest in a union? Is that where it started? If they wanted to keep the divorce from happening they could have stopped F'ing us around and give us a small bone around the amendable time of our agreement and we wouldn't even be having this conversation.

Instead, every week we get emails that rub our profits (and our lack of perf bonus) in our damn face by them saying, "We at SkyWest do so well, all because of our employees. They make the difference. Or I know from an operational standpoint we had a rough week, but you as a group pulled together and that SKyWest spirit got us through. Thank you for your hard work." Yet, they could give a rat's arse about us for a pay raise or COLA. But keep the emails and raves, and all the other BS coming. Go Team! I will feed my family on those emails while some continue to give them the benefit of the doubt and think everything that comes out SGU is gold. Give me a break.

Time for the executive board, Dave's, MS, and JB to go. Otherwise, we might as well elect Brad for our vacant presidential slot......

You nailed it!!! Listening Newwoman & Skypestnation?

Uncle Rico

Or is it the pilots that started this "adversarial" relationship by asking for respect? Dignity? (DO YOU REALLY LIKE HOW CREW SUPPORT CALLS AND TREATS YOU LIKE A CHILD SOMETIMES?)

Instead, every week we get emails that rub our profits (and our lack of perf bonus) in our damn face by them saying, "We at SkyWest do so well, all because of our employees. They make the difference. Or I know from an operational standpoint we had a rough week, but you as a group pulled together and that SkyWest spirit got us through. Thank you for your hard work."
Yet, they could give a rat's arse about us for a pay raise or COLA. But keep the emails and raves, and all the other BS coming. Go Team! I will feed my family on those emails while some continue to give them the benefit of the doubt and think everything that comes out SGU is gold. Give me a break.

Looks like someone admitted to the threatening email sent by one of the sapa reps. "lets get that little Mother Fu*$ker outta here." This is quality leadership with an "Me, Me, Me" agenda. These lackey pukes are already getting 105 hours a month based on some windfall average. Why are we wasting time not starting a recall and getting these high altitude management pawns the hell out of the way.

Here is to hoping uncle rico resigns next.
Recall "weakest Link" livingstink in 07

Last edited:
you haven't read my posts, smart guy. I knew, which is why I didn't vote for him. and now he's quit anyway.

Another quote from you:

it is duplicitous and deceptive, however, to hide your support for one or the other until elected.

Sounds to me like you're complaining about a lack of knowledge regarding Mark's support for ALPA. It wasn't much of an assumption to figure you felt as though you were led astray.

My point was that he didn't hide it. Yet you felt as though he did. It only took me about 10 seconds to figure out where he stood. I asked. Not hard.

Latest resources

Back