what the hell "sapa"

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ditto for you dude!
Employee/employer relationship is a yin and yang thing, diametrically opposed. For a stasis to be achieved the power must be equally shared, labor must acknowledege its responsibility to managment/company, and the company must acknowledge its responsiability to the employees. EQUALLY, that is not the case today, ULTIMATE POWER ULTIMATELY CORRUPTS!
See wikkipedia-SAPA, 2daves ect.
PBR

Muy BUENO!!:pimp:

Ditto for you dude!
Employee/employer relationship is a yin and yang thing, diametrically opposed. For a stasis to be achieved the power must be equally shared, labor must acknowledege its responsibility to managment/company, and the company must acknowledge its responsiability to the employees. EQUALLY, that is not the case today, ULTIMATE POWER ULTIMATELY CORRUPTS!
PBR

A freekin MEN !!!!

you can be a rep and support, or be a member of, the OC.

it is duplicitous and deceptive, however, to hide your support for one or the other until elected.

This is funny. I don't know MN........but I did know that he was a supporter of ALPA. I guess I did my homework..............you apparently didn't.

Ditto for you dude!
PBR

Word, Bro..........

Does the market dictate lying to you? Does the market dictate charging you for non rev travel? Does the market equate to a slow erosion of your current work rules? If so, then I stand corrected. You have things that are better because if you didn't, your pilot group would have organized a long time ago. You have what you have because of my/our fight. Skywest Inc. does not want a Union on the property because it represents you and your colleagues. It gives YOU some control. Checks and balances. You are replicating other Regionals + a slight increase due to no Union which = no control = Skywest Inc. happy. They are taking things away slowly. They will ride it out and give you and your pilot group exactly what it takes to not give up that control.

Trojan

Exactly.....If you can't see the reality of this post then you really are selfish and don't have a heart SkyNation.
I believe you do, your just paranoid about Alpa. I can respect that. I can't respect SkyWest making 140+ million a year and not sharing the profits with the employees.
Management claims to always keep us at or near the top of pay and QOL. They are not even close. If it doesn't raise your brow that Expressjet and Horizon were left off david "weakest link" L's smoke and mirrors charts and nonsense graphs during his and uncle ricos pay campaign, it should concern all of us where sapa has made its bed. (pre M.N. of course)
No raise for the Brasilia drivers is not consistent with the market. It's uncle ricos insider way of playing (false) hardball with sapa. M.N. has stood up to uncle rico while no one else cares to offend the poor chap. Sapa I belive will self-destruct by the end of the year. Let's not get duped by the EB brown toppers again. Sapa is swallowing everything uncle rico demands and it has turned into a total erosion of QOL, pay, morale and the market dictates otherwise at SkyWest.

Exactly.....If you can't see the reality of this post then you really are selfish and don't have a heart SkyNation.
I believe you do, your just paranoid about Alpa. I can respect that. I can't respect SkyWest making 140+ million a year and not sharing the profits with the employees.
Management claims to always keep us at or near the top of pay and QOL. They are not even close. If it doesn't raise your brow that Expressjet and Horizon were left off david "weakest link" L's smoke and mirrors charts and nonsense graphs during his and uncle ricos pay campaign, it should concern all of us where sapa has made its bed. (pre M.N. of course)
No raise for the Brasilia drivers is not consistent with the market. It's uncle ricos insider way of playing (false) hardball with sapa. M.N. has stood up to uncle rico while no one else cares to offend the poor chap. Sapa I belive will self-destruct by the end of the year. Let's not get duped by the EB brown toppers again. Sapa is swallowing everything uncle rico demands and it has turned into a total erosion of QOL, pay, morale and the market dictates otherwise at SkyWest.

You said it brother!!!:D

ohhhhhhh

I know Mark and knew where he stood. He is a good guy, we just disagree on what will serve this pilot group best. His intention is that SAPA be removed, thereby leaving the pilots with no choice for representation other than ALPA. This tactic is an 'end around' because Mark and the OC know that if they'd simply put it to a vote, that the majority would not vote for ALPA over our current structure. Removing our current structure makes it an easier fight for them, and since they haven't sold the majority on adopting a union mentality. this is their plan 'B.'

Your definition of end around is somewhat believable. Although give it at least another 6 or more months of the current tactics that uncle rico is using such as no cancellation pay, PBS forced flying (yes it is still occurring) and with sapa in court, this young pilot group may open their eyes and see that an "end around" is much better road than a "bend over a barrel." The 7 year trend. To quote a classic from the sapa boards..."uncle rico (bh) doesn't even fart in our general direction"

Your definition of end around is somewhat believable. Although give it at least another 6 or more months of the current tactics that uncle rico is using such as no cancellation pay, PBS forced flying (yes it is still occurring) and with sapa in court, this young pilot group may open their eyes and see that an "end around" is much better road than a "bend over a barrel." The 7 year trend. To quote a classic from the sapa boards..."uncle rico (bh) doesn't even fart in our general direction"

Hopefully your young pilot group will realize that the "End Round" is going to be more like a "Reach Around" if they don't get some kind of protection....and I don't mean Shrinkwrap either!:eek:

Hopefully your young pilot group will realize that the "End Round" is going to be more like a "Reach Around" if they don't get some kind of protection....and I don't mean Shrinkwrap either!:eek:
\\

LMAO!!! NO DOUBT.

Let's hope they stop drinking the Kool-aid and momma milk.

Maybe they are free because they are worthless. And anyone who honestly doesn't believe that ALPA hasn't helped at ASA is truly either someone who has no idea what has happened there, or is simply an idiot.

Exactly! The good folks at Skywest don't understand why we need a union at ASA. The benefit of ALPA is mainly job protection. With the actions of our mgmt group, I am more than happy to pay 2% to make sure I can make the right decisions as a Captain without fear of reprecussion from the company.

Latest resources

Back