• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What State is the best to start in??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well, I had 600 TT w/ 100 turbine PIC experience, and I am from San Antonio, TX. Could NOT find a job anywhere in TX with that low of time so jumped on the net and paid a site like 6 bucks a month to look for pilot jobs. That day printed out all the ad's and faxed over 150 resumes out. NOBODY called me back, except one company in Michigan. So here I am 1600 Miles away from home to jump start the career ;) Got real lucky, its a Lear SIC job. Everybody said w/ that low of time there was no way I would get a job, especially w/ jets. Anybody w/ low time, screw those people, just keep throwing resumes out there. My company had 1500TT for the mins on the website, but I said screw it w/ 600TT and sent off the resume. Worked out for me. Good luck.

look at his profile, military flight training......

Which makes me wonder vball, why were you looking for a job to begin with? I'd figure if you were flying Goshawks then the Navy would be your employer. Did you SIE'd/washed out of pilot training?

with 600TT how did you accumulate 100 turbine PIC

Logging sole manipulator PIC from either seat in a King Air, perhaps?

That's eggzackery how I will be getting mine. :)

Minh

Someone took pictures of me when I smeared peanut butter all over my body which attracts stray cats and dogs. I have sex with the strays until sunrise and then fall asleep in a puddle of my own urine
Somehow ... I find myself becoming oddly aroused. :(

Minhberg

I had a medical discharge (eyes) at the end of military flight training. the turbine pic was from the military training. usually couldn't have logged it as pic, but i had all my ratings before going into the military. I used aviationcareer.com to search for jobs. usually about 5-7 new jobs daily on there. like 7 bucks a month to view them. anything from traffic watch jobs to 737 jobs, to NFL Monday Night football helo jobs. Vast variety. Hope it helps somebody.

NookyBooky said:
Whichever one you can afford to live in on your unemployment check.

In view of that, Oklahoma is a pretty safe bet...

MFR

Spend some time in Texas, great place to start with no real winter weather to hassle with. Alaska is a great option but you need to use that card when you have about 1500 hours or so of flight time.

Latest resources

Back