What should I do?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

duane

My number one goal is to get to a major. I have 2 1/2 years senority with a good regional airline and was three months from upgrade before 9/11. Now it looks like 1 1/2 to 2 years best case before I get into the left seat with the regional. However, I was just offered a position at Executive Jet and my question is whether I should take it? With EJA I could be in the left seat in 5 months building PIC time. Its a great company but its not 121. Do you think its harder to make the shift back to the Majors from the fractionals, or should I stay put and wait for the upgrade at the regional? Thanks for any advice..

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaggggggggghhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!

EJA of course!

I wish I had your problems

I would go with EJA. Get the PIC turbine. EJA flys state of the art equipment. I don't think any major would look at that time as anything less than excellent experience (turbojets with glass cockpits). Also, the pay at EJA is probably better than a regional. I have a couple of friends who never flew for an airline before and they got on at American at a very young age (all they flew was pt. 91 and pt. 135 charter). They are going to be very senior some day. This is comming from someone who spent over 9 years at a regional while my two buddies spent les than 2 years flying pt. 135 charter in Learjets. good luck.

Definitely go with EJA. There are plenty of folks who went from EJA to the majors......back when they were hiring. The starting pay isnt great, but you will most likely pull cpt pay after a few months.

You said it looks like 1 and1/2 or 2 yrs before you can get the left seat.....looks like and actually happening are two different things. As for the pic at EJA it definietly can happen fast......some a/c faster than others.

As for 121 vs fractional.....jet time is jet time is jet time. i think you are actually more challenged with EJA as to the variety of airports you will go to. You already have a few years of 121 time, that should be sufficient.

I came from a 121 regional and love the EJA lifestyle. Nice variety of airports, great people to work with. You really never know where your going, thats a nice change from going to the same airport day in and day out.

Do what you think is best for you, but turning down EJA now, as far as im concerned is foolish. There are many people who wish they had your predicament.

Just my opinion,

1900cpt

I'd echo what everyone else said. Go for EJA. PIC time counts a lot more than the 121 time. They're looking for future Captaiins and this will give you experience. Besides they opperate much like any other airline. Flows...callouts....checklists...etc. I've got a few friends and a brother in law there. They all like it a lot too. Best of luck,
Tim

Latest resources

Back