Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

what regionals are hiring in the LA area?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The 900's that are leaving ATL are rumored to be coming to LA. All west coast RJ's crews are being forced to do the differences training so "anyone" can crew them. No time frame yet, maybe related to the other 900's coming to ATL.

Seems Delta is asking for more aircraft from XJT out of LAX and ONT is doing quite well, but what do I know. . . XJT is still hiring, so put your app in again, maybe even using a different spelling of your name, "J.T. Smith" instead of "John Smith".

Good luck!

Heard XJT might be losing the LA flying, anything to that??

Its the doom and gloom rumors. If you wanted to get on here and we still lost the LA base well at least ONT is much closer than IAH or EWR.

For what it's worth, I'd say with XJT slowing/stopping hiring and Eagle putting out the latest captain bid with no backfilling of Saab and doing away with the Saab seatlocks (i.e. the Saab is probably going away soon) then I would say Skywest is your best choice.

LAX for Eagle is Saab and Embraer only. The Embraer takes at least 2 years to hold bottom FO on the list and they don't hire into the jet in LAX, only the Saab. So with this latest Eagle development, it seems the Saabs are on their way out and so too much chance for a newhire to get assigned LAX.

Skywest has the most West Coast bases, and a lot of the pilots I know who live out there have left their first carrier to avoid the commute. Just cut out that first year at another carrier and start at Skywest and you'll be much better off.

Best of luck to you in you endeavors.

Latest resources

Back