• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What place is it????

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Let me see if I can shed some light on the subject. I have flown for Flight Trac, Inc. for the past year and a half. We fly GPS grids over specific cable systems looking for RF leaks. This is an FCC required test and we are looking for leaks that interfere with ATC frequencies and navaids. However, to our equipment a leak is a leak, and we do find some people stealing cable. When we are done collecting data over an area, the cable company will receive a map showing all the "hot spots" we found. Then the cable guys go and investigate these areas. It may be a legitamate leak, or Joe Blow splicing cable to all his neighbors out of his house. Each cable system has a flyover anniversary date set by the FCC that must be complied each year, so we keep busy.

Flight-Trac has two Duchess' based in Valpraiso, IN that do all the work East of the Rockies, and a Duchess, C210, and C337 based in Seattle for the West Coast stuff. Our callsign is "cablecheck"

The plane in question sounds like our competitor Martek(I don't know if I spelled that right), they are based in Jacksonville, FL.

FlightTraker

Latest resources

Back