Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What payrate will you fly the Q400 for? (colganites)

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Granted lynx is there to wreck the day but i am 100 percent positive that with a 50/hr first year scale they will not be able to staff it.

What you're saying is that there is nobody out there willing to take 50 bucks/hr. while they build turbine PIC. I disagree. For them it's not about the seats, it's about the logbook.

What you're saying is that there is nobody out there willing to take 50 bucks/hr. while they build turbine PIC. I disagree. For them it's not about the seats, it's about the logbook.

This industry is full of people that are doing it now. As long as ppl can get hired at 400 hrs, they will take whatever they can get. 50 bucks is good when you commute home to live with mom and pops in the basement.

Bigger airplane than we fly at XJT. Definitely be on routes we currently operate in EWR. Anything less than our pay rate is just playing in to management's hands and undercutting us on the current job we do for CAL. I'm not optomistic. Kellner 2, XJT 0. Now it is clear why Pinnacle wanted to get their hands on Colgan. They are salivating over 25% more of our jets in the future, I am sure of that. Seems the regional industry will always be a disappointment to those of us seeking a balanced lifestyle and a decent living.

Well, welcome to the family. When it starts getting really ugly, just remember PT's greatest saying, " Nothing personal, it's just business".

Don't be surprised when uncle Phil says CA rate on the Q400 will be $50.01. But then, he'll insist that, "Well, at the end of the year, I am confident that your W2 will be more than your peers"...

Of course, when you're timing out every week, every month, getting JM call like wake up calls on your off days, of course i'd make more than my peers... Oh wait, he can do that. Why not, cuz you guys don't have a contract!! If you don't like it, leave. That's what they'll tell that to your face, cuz they can start hiring more lo-time guys that just love to fly those cat III approaches on those HUD on the the Q400...

OF those i believe the average is about 57 or 58 for first year CA pay. With Management saying that we will be somewhere in the middle it can't be less than 55. 55 would be the lowest in the industry.

PCL management currently believes that they are paying ABOVE market rates for 50 seat jet flying at Pinnacle while in fact we are among the bottom three of our pier group. If you think that what can be resonably determined as average means anything to these people you need to wake up and smell the coffee.

Management's job is to get us to fly them for the least amount possible. Our job is to try to get as much money as possible to fly them. There is nothing personal about it. hopefully it will be a bipartisan decision though.

In your case managments job will be an easy one. Because you do not have a collective barganing agent there is "WE."

Well, welcome to the family. When it starts getting really ugly, just remember PT's greatest saying, " Nothing personal, it's just business".
Fo Shizzle, my Nizzle... :) What's up Master Chief? You upgrade yet, or what?

Don't be surprised when uncle Phil says CA rate on the Q400 will be $50.01. But then, he'll insist that, "Well, at the end of the year, I am confident that your W2 will be more than your peers"...

Of course, when you're timing out every week, every month, getting JM call like wake up calls on your off days, of course i'd make more than my peers...
That's exactly right. I made almost $75,000 my 4th year at PCL. How did I do that? By crediting over 1,200 hours for the year, blocking in the high 90's every single month with only about 12 days off average (not by choice, but by line value averages in the mid 90's and one or to Junior Assignments or Extensions each month).

It was miserable, didn't even have enough time off to enjoy the extra cash (5 days on, 2 days off sucks).

Oh wait, he can do that. Why not, cuz you guys don't have a contract!! If you don't like it, leave. That's what they'll tell that to your face, cuz they can start hiring more lo-time guys that just love to fly those cat III approaches on those HUD on the the Q400...
This is true.

When PCL opened up the street CA deal (twice), they had NO problem finding enough "qualified" applicants, even prior to 9/11.

If you don't have enough guys who will bid CA on it, they'll just hire off the street. Kaman is right; best thing you can do is get yourselves organized. Even if you don't vote in ALPA (who has the deepest pockets from which to fight so is probably the best bet but ANY representation would be better than none), you NEED to be represented, just to protect yourselves.

Good luck,,,

To sum up the previous posts, even though your skanky management got the Regions Air flying in WV, you were the low bidders and you are screwed...management will almost never live up to their word. Anywhere-they leave themselves outs. There was discussion of that at regex-"yeah, we're looking at the industry standard"-that's why thier CA's are getting $33/hr on the Saab (fully $12/hr below industry standard for the seniority the saab ran) with no raises...none, zero raises built into the program...

You're screwed...welcome to the club!

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back