What might the bottom of AAL and LCC SLI look like

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Hold@FIR

AA has hired 400+ in last year but none prior dating to 2001. Was wondering what US Air has hired in that timeframe and what SLI would look like toward bottom of list if SLI goes DOH for that seniority range. And no I don't know that it will happen that way, just guessing more of the SLI fight will be at the top. And I know US Air has done some hiring in last decade just curious how much if someone is willing to share. Thx

Post merger announcement date (2/13): DOH
Everything else is anyone's guess.

2007-12/2013 (up to when AA began hiring) 500 hired at Airways.
Only 80 hired between 2001-2007.

**East numbers

Last edited:
I think the date that will be used us merger closing date. AA had their first hire Jan of this year off the street.

Everyone hired after whatever the snapshot date is, whether 2/13 or 9/13, will be slotted in DOH.

Pre-Merger list, anything can happen.

Thanks for the info RJ. I've repeatedly heard from AA peers that a fast integration is highly desired by the company. I'm sure there will be some drama ahead, but probably not so much as it relates to this end of the list

Thanks for the info RJ. I've repeatedly heard from AA peers that a fast integration is highly desired by the company. I'm sure there will be some drama ahead, but probably not so much as it relates to this end of the list

Hope it goes quickly. I also hope it's a good environment moving forward.

Drama? Have you heard about how the East guys decided their "binding agreement" with seniority arbitration didn't come out the way they liked, and then they literally shafted their fellow employees simply by having a few more pilots and the majority? Those ex AWA guys are still stuck in PHX, restricted from upgrades in other bases. Still.

So, there won't be "some drama," there will be a train wreck for years to come. I can't believe the APA hasn't been more vocal about this travesty. This eventual SLI will be fun to watch. Popcorn ready.

Bye Bye---General Lee

I think the date that will be used us merger closing date. AA had their first hire Jan of this year off the street.

How about the announcement of the merger? That is likely the cutoff date.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Hey general why don't you go f#ck yourself you miserable internet troll. Stick to your delta gay love posts and stop derailing every us air thread. Seriously could the moderator just erase every one of his retarded posts?

Latest resources

Back