• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
AA717driver said:
You must have exceptionally low self-esteem

T.C.

Sometimes it's the otherway around. Brother told me of a trip where "Ms" Bigbucks and her dog had the low self problem. Both were in therapy the whole way back across the Atlantic with their Shrink who was from France. After 6 hours the Shrink told her the dog was cooperating but she wasnt.

No.... Im not joking, you know $$ can turn a dumb *ss into a psycho instantly.

HawkerF/O you were 100% right. It's all about the "details" and making sure the "little things" get done when no body is looking.

I agree with all that has been said. I have used the 10%/90% saying lots of times. But I think a great Corporate Pilot has a GREAT attitude and is able to consistently go beyond their job description. To be able to create opportunities where obstacles exist. The attitude of: "How can I improve the overall product?"
Sometimes doing this calls for a trip to the 7-11 to pick up a WSJ that was not at the FBO or calling the FBO at the dest. to give the CSR a heads up about locating the rental car. Then there is the 10% stuff...the flying. To constantly demonstrate professionalism ALL the time in the A/C. Constantly improving yourself-skills,knowledge,and experience.

just my .02

Last edited:
I really appreciate all the great responses. We all appear to be on the same page when it comes to acting and preforming in a manner reflective of the professionalism of our respective flight departments. Good on you guys......

Of course you have to be a great pilot, but in a large flight department the most important thing is to play well with the other children.

Hawker f/o, great post. I agree about it being the mostly the details like making a quick check in the cabin (before the boss and his limo drive off) to make sure the boss didn't leave his cell phone. Ground transportation standing by is HUGE. How about having the destination weather and ETE right on the tip of your tongue when he boards?

HawkerFO great post I agree. Also JumpJet good but I would add most of the principals will listen to "No" willingly IF it is followed with "but this is what we can do, which option works best for you?"

-Always have a contingency plan.

-Always have the coffee/ice/papers/booze/donuts.

-Never brag.

-Never talk smack about anyone/anything. Loose lips...

-Don't be afraid to say no, but remember the first rule; have options.

Latest resources

Back