Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What kinds of flying "fun" have you or "your friends" engaged in?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Next thing is to get in the FLs its going to take sometime to get there. But once I get my O2 im heading up there.

Mmmmmm Burritos said:
I've always wanted to land a 150 on a semi. I'll give $5 to the first person who does that and shows me the video.

only 5 bucks?

whata bout a t&g on a carrier

i hear thet park or dock them things in san diego or somewhere in DC in peace time

Buzzing cows is fun.....I've hammerheaded, looped and rolled a C-150 before. Yea I know irresponsible, I'd never do it again.

At the old drop zone, they used to have a cabbage toss at the airport.

One sunday the wife and I pull up they are doing it...so we park and take a hike out to the end of the grass runway where they painted a bull's eye.

Each plane takes three people up at a time and they make three passes so each person has a turn at tossing a cabbage at the bull's eye, from about 500 to 800 feet.

While we are waiting for the next plane to come by, one of jump pilots (sheriff's SGT) shows up in his county cop car with his partner. They are parked about 50 yards from the bull's eye and the engine is running, they are standing outside with doors open watching the plane approach talking to the jumpers on the ground.

Plane comes by and drops a cabbage and it heads right for the cop car...the two cops jump back in, throw it in reverse and floor it. The real wheel just spins like hell on the grass and the cop car doesn't move an inch.

WHAAAAAAP! the cabbage hits the ground right next to the spinning rear wheel, taking out a pizza sized divot of grass runway in an explosion of green leafy vegtable looking material. Hahahahahaha. I warned my buddy that things might be too dangerous to park down there...especially with him being 6 months away from retirement.

Blue said:
Sounds like a blast, but dosen't that become a problem with the gas and oil? I imagine the 0 G's would make all the fluids float up, ending up in burning some oil and geting air in the fuel line.

You aren't taking puss factor into account.

I er....my buddy only did it for a second or two...he had thought about coming back to 3,000 in the float, but wussied out after about 500'...

-mini

Blue said:
Sounds like a blast, but dosen't that become a problem with the gas and oil? I imagine the 0 G's would make all the fluids float up, ending up in burning some oil and geting air in the fuel line.

If you are flying a carburated plane, the float in the carburator can get stuck in the "up" position, which means no more fuel for the engine... then you get to test your gliding and deadsticking skills....

Flechas said:
If you are flying a carburated plane, the float in the carburator can get stuck in the "up" position, which means no more fuel for the engine... then you get to test your gliding and deadsticking skills....

Even more reason he now sticks with the belief that the purpose of airplanes is to look good, go high, go fast, go far, and do it cheap.
:p

Sometimes I'm glad I'm a p*ssy

-mini

Flechas said:

Only until you release the yoke pressure

minitour said:
You aren't taking puss factor into account.

I er....my buddy only did it for a second or two...he had thought about coming back to 3,000 in the float, but wussied out after about 500'...

-mini

dude, YOU, err YOU suck quict that BS we know you did it, quit tryin to cover it up

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back