What kind of tug is this?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Flat, Dry Floor

Great idea. Works great in a closed hangar. How about a sloped, wet ramp with alot of RF interference? The visual of a fueled Global or Gulfstream pushing that "toy" off the ramp and into the woods has me chuckling...

I am not ready to trade a skilled ground handler on a tug with wing walkers. Call me old fashioned.

why are they tugging a global with the door open? if that door was to bump into something the cabin could never pressurize again.

this video would be an insurance investigator's dream.

why are they tugging a global with the door open? if that door was to bump into something the cabin could never pressurize again.

this video would be an insurance investigator's dream.
I think you are being a little dramatic.

Not being dramatic, seen it happen at a Signature. They never could fix the problem after it happened. If you prefer to leave the door open. Go right ahead.

Simply put, shutting the door prior to tugging could avoid a big head ache.

That is all.

Not being dramatic, seen it happen at a Signature. They never could fix the problem after it happened. If you prefer to leave the door open. Go right ahead.

Simply put, shutting the door prior to tugging could avoid a big head ache.

That is all.
Absolutely agreed, our door is closed all the time whenever the aircraft is moved, and we would never use a device like this to move it. I just thought that it was pretty cool, I do however know of people that do not mind leaving the door open, and I can not imagine that if the door bumps into something the aircraft will never be able to pressurize again.

The visual of a fueled Global or Gulfstream pushing that "toy" off the ramp and into the woods has me chuckling...

Its really not made for use to pull a plane long distances. Just inside the hangar and outside the hangar in the immediate area for positioning and parking. The m120h model which me might get for our Learjets is 1,150 pounds, so it has a nice weight to it to be planted into the ground. The tug used at our FBO weighs 1,250 pounds. It also comes to a stop at a rate that coincides with its speed, so it never just stops suddenly, which is what would cause it to start planing across wet ground. I had the same question: "Wet ground, going down a slight slope, at full weight, and having to stop suddenly." It won't slide the way they have it set up and how it slows to a stop. It takes about 3-5 feet to stop from a full speed pull. If you're moving it around the hangar, obvisouly very slowly, it will stop much faster, like instantly.

$27,000 for one (m120h model) with a max weight of 33,000 pounds.

Latest resources

Back