• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What kind of tug is this?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You could see the antenna on the front right corner. I didn't see anyone with a remote control...unless it was one of those dogs that were running around.

Yeah, I was wondering if its movements were pre programmed, but like you I did not see anyone with a RC, I would think that if it was remote controlled the driver would have been right in the front in order to see both wings.

1. close the door when moving that aircraft, I know it is required on most aircraft.

2. I would not trust my $$$$ big jet to some remote control toy.

3. It is pretty cool:)

Do you think it is remote LJ?? The more I watch the more I think that it might just have its movements pre-programed, or possibly GPS??? It is cool, I agree with you, I would not trust it!

Can't tell you exactly what it is, but they had them on demo at the Reno air races last year. It is radio control. Seemed really maneuverable, but looked like there would be a learning curve, since not all of the line guys out there have RC time

Cool, thanks for the info Celtic. Hopefully they use a frequency that does not receive any interference.

RC operator standing behind aircraft to watch wings, tail, etc. On an aircraft that isn't towed with steering disconnected (PC12) it looks to me like you're asking to exceed the turn limits and break something.

Latest resources

Back