• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What is your "oh Sh*t" moment?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
>>>>Perhaps if her school offered it online we could ALL attend it.

Funny you should mention it, Metro. She once asked on DOC's FAR forum if she could log the "instruction" she gave in internet chatrooms and over ICQ. Like Dave Barry says: I swear I'm not making this up!!!

regards

*SIGH*

How many times am I gonna have to repeat that story before y'all get it correct...

Air Force One was AHEAD of us, Air Force TWO was behind us. I was on my second flight, the CFI had jumped out a long time ago, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn the night before. The second engine wouldn't start again, and the duct tape was peeling off the repair I made to the wing while the CFI was jumping out. He took the only good parachute and I didn't have time to sew a new one together from my flight bag and the headliner. I was able to put the fire out by spitting on it, too busy to use the fire extinguisher, which was out of reach anyway as it hit the ceiling during the wake turbulence encounter which had us inverted. Through occasional glances at the ground out the side window, as the front window was iced up in the freezing rain, I was able to see Bob's Grocery Store which told me I was just a few miles away from the airport. I was using the FAA medals to keep the yoke turned to the left because the bird strike had knocked off the one aileron before we entered the clouds. Well, the runway was closed because the aircraft ahead of Air Force One had landed gear up on the ice so One had to go missed approach saying something about not being able to see the airport anyway. Obviously he didn't know about Bob's store so I just threaded between the buildings in a perfect glide. Of course I didn't know how to land very good so the guys in the tower called the crash trucks to show me where the runway was. I just listened for the sirens and when I could count the grass blades, pulled back for a nice landing right next to the runway. But, tragedy struck. As I was getting out of the airplane, I broke a nail and I'd just had a French manicure!

:p

Fly SAFE!
Jedi Nein

OOoooppss! CHunk, bad timing, looks like she posted about the same time you did. You can take solace in the fact that although she has surfaced, she still hasn't "the cajones to defend her own words." Oh well!

So, Jedi, what is this special technique that is only available through your wings seminar? The one that is known to no other instrument pilot on the planet? If it is really all that you say it is, then it could save lives, ours and our passengers. If you don't share it with us, lives could be lost. Surely you couldn't in good concience deliberately withold information from us which could save our lives?

Your silence will be interpreted as tacit admission that your special technique really isn't all that special after all.

regards

Last edited:
The "stupid questions I asked while in flight training" thread would be much longer....

I've asked on internet forums:
What was a PB4Y?
Why is the tail upside down?
What does diheadral do? (even spelled it wrong too!)
What is a "frize"?
Can I log PIC time if I am solo? (before August 7, 1997)
What does it take to be a good CFI?
Do airline pilots put the hood on and practice IFR flying?
Do you watch airspeed while landing?
What if you don't get hired when you complete a course of flight training?
How many hours does it take to solo?
Why doesn't the airplane stay on the runway?
What is an LDA?
Can a student pilot solo at night?
Where do I park at a different airport [from my home airport]?
I know what the blue flashing light is on the panel when I come to land, but what does the white flashing light next to it mean?

There are far, far, far more questions I've asked online and offline. Some weren't as "stupid" some were worse. It's a heck of a lot cheaper to ask a question than spend 20 frustrating hours doing whatever wrong.

Fly SAFE!
Jedi Nein

A Squared, it's not my technique to give out freely. I erred in mentioning it in the first place, not realizing the intellectual property restriction that was placed on it while awaiting publication. When the time is right, I'll point you, and anyone else, in the right direction.

BTW, you forgot to post the entire email- not that the folks here need to see it - all it contained was an apology and a failed attempt at diplomacy.

In my youthful enthusiasm I do make mistakes. I attempt to correct those mistakes when I can. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. When I am wronged, I try to forgive. I have far more important things to do in the short time I'm on this planet than to stay awake nights worrying if [insert name here] still likes me.

For those that are wondering why I am not responding to certain persons, it is because I have them on my ignore list. I recommend all those that tire of my postings to put me on their ignore list. It's easy, fast, and works quite well.

Fly SAFE!
Jedi Nein

>>>>>I erred in mentioning it in the first place, not realizing the intellectual property restriction that was placed on it while awaiting publication.

Oh, I see....you'd tell us, but then you'd have to kill us. I suppose that would counteract any lifesaving tendency which it might have. Your continued evasion has been noted.

regards

When I recovered the aircraft, we were about to exceed red line airspeed, over 60 degrees of bank, over 10 degrees pitch down, and the VSI was pegged down. The autopilot had disconnected during this so the aircraft was very much out of trim.

Hmmm...nice technique. Wish I knew that one. I have another technique that works rather well. I take the airplane from my student before we exceed red line, pose a collision hazard, get violated by ATC, exceed aerobatic limits, etc. Too bad nobody on Earth knows about it but me. I'll sell it to ya if you come to my school and pay me, a 750 hr high timer, at least $10K for an instrument ticket. P.S. I do my aircraft maintenance with very special techniques too. Only $30K for an annual, and I'll test fly it with you.

I recommend all those that tire of my postings to put me on their ignore list. It's easy, fast, and works quite well.

But if we do that, we won't be able to laugh at your posts.

I have seen this tread a while ago, and reread it as it popped up in a search, I have some funny things to add too, and some serious stuff, that i wouldn't mind telling, hoping that someday somebody might learn from it and get themselves out of a hairy situation, or even better never get INTO that hairy situation the the first place.

Let's start with the funny one first, as I saw a few questions raised about the issue of bowel movement.
I fly an old lear 24 and a 23, I flew airambulance with an older guy, but very inexperienced, we don't generally get along all too good to start with! we were on a live leg with a very bad patient and the nurses had to work hard to keep the guy from crashing, the already alerted us to the possibility that we might have to abort the trip during our customs and fuelstop, if not earlier.

My co-pilot had "cracked" quite a few and i was getting very irritated about that fact. I told him that much too, that he was a pig and stuff.... Then finally passing through FL240 he cracks one and looks over at me with his eyes popping outof his sockets, I make a smart remark, and he says something to the extent off " Oh man.... I think I just had an accident...." I start laughing and he says that it true and he couldn't help it. I have never laughed so hard in my life!!! Mind you, if you keep the same position, nothing can seep out and create smells (yet) so we land, taxi into the FBo and I sent him out first...as soon as he gets up this ENORMOUSLY terrible stench starts filling up the airplane and I had some gag refelxes, but could suppress vomiting. He runs into the rest room and starts cleaning up. The nurses offcourse know what's going on and he needs to get his bags out all the way in the back. That was not possible with the way the patient was going, so they wip out a can of spray from some serious stuff and he just has to cope with it until we get the patient on the airplane. We finally land and he goes and gets his clothes changed, All in all a situation that will stay with me forever!!!

This thread is too long, if i see any interest I will post part two

Latest resources

Back