• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What is your commute? FAA called to action

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hmmm, maybe a cost of living adjustments. Don't other companies adjust pay depending on where you live. They wanna have a San Fransico Base, pay SF Dollars.

I live on the east coast. The first day of my trip has me finishing on the west coast at 1210am, that's 3am my time. Same trip, two days later I have a 415am wake up call back on the east coast...and they're worried about people commuting? Yeah, right!

The fit for duty reg should be all the reg required. Commuting is not the only thing that contributes to fatigue, and commuting should not be singled out.

I live on the east coast. The first day of my trip has me finishing on the west coast at 1210am, that's 3am my time. Same trip, two days later I have a 415am wake up call back on the east coast...and they're worried about people commuting? Yeah, right!

This scenario has crossed my mind numerous times.

What if there is a triple-play of "American Pickers," "Pawn Stars," or "Swamp People" before a 6am report?

What if it's Thursday, 10:30PM EST, and "Taxicab Confessions" is comming on? I hope this law does not pass!!

I think the FAA is referring to what the crews do before the report time to start their duty, I don't think they care what your passengers do.

Frankly, I got more rest while commuting than I do living 40 miles from the airport. Regulating what anyone does prior to being on the clock is going to be really hard without our being on "duty." Money will kill it.

Latest resources

Back