• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Freightdog75

Don't hassle the Hoff
Republic.

Those of us who are lucky enough to be flying the 145 here at RP got to take a test recently. We are switching our performance data vendor to Aerodata. The company decides to give us a self-study packet on it and than a test. Not too big of a deal except............No pay, and do it on your FREE time. Union says we should be able to do/learn this on our own. Wow, like many others, i'm not a happy camper. I, again like others, have another job and needed to take off in order to study/take a test.

Imagine a carpenter getting a self-study packet and test to do on his/her own time for free, do you think it would fly? No. Their union would tear it this kind of scenario apart! So why do us professionals who pay our unions our hard earned money get stepped on? What is the deal?

Sorry all, just had to vent!!

FD75

We got paid at Mesaba to do the study and take a test.

What could happen if you don't take the test? Does your FOM say somewhere that you have to do this type of thing?

Republic.

Those of us who are lucky enough to be flying the 145 here at RP got to take a test recently. We are switching our performance data vendor to Aerodata. The company decides to give us a self-study packet on it and than a test. Not too big of a deal except............No pay, and do it on your FREE time. Union says we should be able to do/learn this on our own. Wow, like many others, i'm not a happy camper. I, again like others, have another job and needed to take off in order to study/take a test.

Imagine a carpenter getting a self-study packet and test to do on his/her own time for free, do you think it would fly? No. Their union would tear it this kind of scenario apart! So why do us professionals who pay our unions our hard earned money get stepped on? What is the deal?

Sorry all, just had to vent!!

FD75

Our union didn't say ******************** either. Only, because our contract is so old, the personal computer wasn't even a glimmer in Bill Gates eye.

When you start negotiating your next contract. BE ABSOULTELY SURE that you bargain for fair compensation for this type of junk.

Training will be going this way in the future, and if ASA doesn't account for it with the new TA, it's a big NOOOOOOO vote from me.

Just imagine doing four days of recurrent ground school at home on your own time for ZERO compensation. That's right, ZERO.

Not to mention the fact that most of the guys who did the self-study don't understand how to use the aerodata at all.

Yeah, like me. When you're up ******************** creek, just say ******************** it, were going full throttle out of here.

How long did it take you to complete the self-study packet?
I completed 15 hours worth of online recurrent training last month with no extra pay.

Union says we should be able to do/learn this on our own. quote

WTFO????

What do we have unions for??????
I hate when I hear this sh!t from our union or any union for that matter. Why don't they ask "US"
if we think we should get paid for this. A quote like this from our union has me P!ssed off!!!!!!:angryfire

That self study is crap when it comes to the AeroData stuff. I finally got a formal ground school in it after doing it online for a year. Wow, what an eye opener when it came to actually how to do it.

Like Oakum said. When in doubt, screw the flex, go full power.

Aerodata isn't that hard...when you've had a good ground instructor break it down for you.

Self-study without training department guidance, for something as insignificant and unimportant as PERFORMANCE? WTF are the folks on Purdue Road thinking?!?!?!

Latest resources

Back