• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What is VT?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Going for final segment speed if you lose an engine at or after V1. Seems to completely skip the whole V2 part.

Last edited:
SkyWestCRJPilot has it exactly right, and he addressed V2 by saying "you climb out at V2"... I don't know what doesn't "sound" right to you. At Pinnacle:

If you bag the engine AFTER V1, but before V2:

Call "Max Thrust" (set MCT), Rotate, Positive rate, gear up. 200 feet "speed mode bug V2" (climb at V2 until 1,000 or any non-standard HIGHER cleanup altitude), 400 feet "heading mode half-bank", 600 feet"autopilot on".

If it's an engine fire or t/r deployment, start running memory items immediately. If not, continue to the cleanup altitude at V2, then LEVEL OFF by selecting ALT on the FCP and accelerate to VT. When passing V2+20, flaps up (notwithstanding flaps 8 equipped aircraft). When reaching VT, select "speed mode", deselect half-bank, "I have the aircraft, I have the radios, QRH for _________".

The only difference is IF the engine failure/fire/TR deployment happens AFTER V2, maintain V2 to V2+10 climbing out to 1,000' or the non-standard cleanup altitude.

Good stuff... my PC is next week, thanks for getting me started early on review. :)

We don't. The tail routers make sure that anything going into an airport where it's critical are assigned a flaps 8 aircraft.

Latest resources

Back