What is UAL Thinking? Ted Going to MDW!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Doesn't anyone ever notice sarcasm?:confused:

Doesn't anyone ever read any of these other posts? Looks like Jackel took a shot at me, first. If you folks can't play with the big boys then don't play.

I have never made fun of an airline's incident or accident before. Like the Jackel did. Time for you guys to open your eyes...

SWA/FO said:
We will have an answer for that shortly... mark my words.

Maybe that was a HINT that soon we will be announcing service to BOS and/or MSP. DO I have to spell it out for you? Thus, when I type we will have an answer that might have been what I was talking about. Or how about going into ATL...for an answer for ya. Southwest is watching AirTran......

Yeah, don't mistake ignorance for wisdom. The aforementioned was another one of his prophecies about Airtran's expansion to BOS & MSP out of MDW a month ago. So, how soon is soon, f/o, 10 more months from now?

If you know so much, tell us the color of the ATA's future? Probably, not as bright & eye-burning as yours, dumba$$.

Jackel, sleep it off. If you don't believe in karma, perhaps, you should, for your own good.

Guys... I'm not running for President.

So you pull up an old post when I was talking about a possible SWA response to AirTran going into MSP (more flights, I think) from MDW. Which has nothing to do with SWA going into Denver or this thread for that matter.

So I guess, I'm batting .500...that is still pretty good, huh?

I would say that each prediction is good for 365 days.

What does ATA's future have to do with this thread? I have no idea what is going to happen to ATA. However, I have always thought that they would become part of SWA. But Gary Kelly has yet to share his thoughts with me.

Now, does that make me an a$$hole? Does that make me a dumba$$ because I work for SWA? Because I'm a SWA/FO am I bragging? Do I have all the answers, no. Am I going to get mine someday, because I guessed something right and have been wrong a few times.... Am I going to hell?

Dizel8,

In my opinion, I believe they will be.........MSP & CLT. Now, guys don't go calling me names, I just think that those are going to be the new cities in 2006. Gary Kelly has said "one city for sure, maybe two in 2006"

This has got to be a record... 3 posts in a row. Soon I'll be catching up with the General in number of posts..

Crosscut,
I just found this from 11/6/04 (this is about ATA's gates in MDW):

The SWA/FO said:

"I really don't think SWA was blindsided by what AirTran did (is planning on doing). They probably bumped into eachother in IND when the talks were going on.

I just don't think we are going to standby and watch you guys try to move into our backyard? Like I said, we are not delta."

Am I batting .750 now?

SWA/FO said:
This has got to be a record... 3 posts in a row. Soon I'll be catching up with the General in number of posts..

Crosscut,
I just found this from 11/6/04 (this is about ATA's gates in MDW):

The SWA/FO said:

"I really don't think SWA was blindsided by what AirTran did (is planning on doing). They probably bumped into eachother in IND when the talks were going on.

I just don't think we are going to standby and watch you guys try to move into our backyard? Like I said, we are not delta."

Am I batting .750 now?

I don't think MSP is in your future (back to batting .5?) because NW (even in BK) is no TED. I'm not blaming WN for not standing still but doing so at the expense of pushing a crippled (ATA) onto the train tracks in front of an oncoming train... c'mon! Yeah, yeah, yeah... I know, it's strictly business (even at that price!) but you didn't think you could keep FL out forever, did you? If so, minus .25 more on the batting for ya. In fact, while FL is not getting the same 4 (or 5) gates like they were last Dec, this time the price is not $100 mil either. BTW, the real benefactor of your WN's predicted arrival into ATL will be Delta & not Airtran. If this ever materializes, it'll be an ugly site: Delta will run scared because that is the only way they can stay ahead.

Crosscut,

I'm not sure I follow you, in MDW or ATL. You got to remember I get 365 days per prediction. It ain't over yet, baby.

Ted isn't even Ted, Ted is United. Northwest does play hard, but I think the rules of the game have changed. They seem to busy fighting thier employees to put up that much of a fight.

I just said ATL, because the Jackel, hurt my feelings, made me cry and I know he is an AirTran flag waver. (guys don't get excited, I consider myself a SWA flag waver....its not a bad thing.) So I wanted a good comeback to his gas station comment.

I think the remaining ATA gates in MDW were used for collateral against the loan SWA gave them. So I think SWA might get them? Correct me if I'm wrong. I'm just stating fact, it does not make me happy, I'm not hoping for ATAs demise. I don't like to see folks lose their jobs. I have lots of friends at ATA.... I'm really not that bad of a guy.

CLT is next after MSP. Then maybe we will look into Georgia. After those three... MSP, CLT & ATL (area)...then maybe LGA.

Last edited:
Krabs, I guess I gots 2 get down to a much more basic level here. Not to be condescending but give me more credit than that, bro: I know Ted is United and, in a round about way, while implying Ted I'm inferring United.

MDW manifested itself in another response to your superpowers of predictions. I was merely pointing out another time when you wanted us to mark your words of an impending "answer" but nothing happened, which was just as much tongue-in-cheek as was you "prophet" ability. This was before you warned us of the 365-day rule.

I'll disagree on your NW assessment but time will tell. CLT, however, is very likely for a lot of reasons. Your ATL comment surfaced elsewhere in the past & I could see WN in ATL but, at least, not till the new terminal is built and, by that time, the landscape can change.

If Jackel hurt your feelings, tell him to look in the mirror. If it really bothered you, grow some skin. Looking at his last two, if he thought before he spoke, the silence would be deafening.

Fly safe.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back