What is the status of Delta not allowing Non-CASS Jumpseaters

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Lifter

I thought this was just a bad rumor from the policy change with Delta and AirTran on their interline agreement. But our union just announced that around 4 Oct, Delta will no longer allow non-cass jumpseaters, even in the back.

Can a Delta pilot please provide: 1. The reason behind the rule change. 2. Does this only apply to mainline only? 3. The is suppost to be a meeting this week between Delta and ALPA addressing the change.

Any info would be appreciated. And thanks for all the jumpseating you've allowed me to date.

Lifter

Lifter, missed the conf.call. Who was passing this information? Curious, cause I haven't seen any emails or updates from the Jumpseat Committee or Union on this.

That'd be a kick to the jimmy......

Direct from Allen himself, on NPA conference call today. Currently there is a meeting this week to try and delay the non-cass ruling. But outcome of meeting will be posted on NPA site. Hopefully we get CASS by the end of the month or I think we will be unable to man the schedule. Greater than 65% commuter pilot group, and I'd bet alot (myself included) use Delta alot for our commute.
Lifter

The fact that we don't have CASS is an embarrassment. That's what you get from a management team that doesn't give a squirt of piss about their employees.

Every commuter should call in sick the first week if/when we're denied on Delta.

Treat them the way they've been treating us!!

Direct from Allen himself, on NPA conference call today. Currently there is a meeting this week to try and delay the non-cass ruling. But outcome of meeting will be posted on NPA site. Hopefully we get CASS by the end of the month or I think we will be unable to man the schedule. Greater than 65% commuter pilot group, and I'd bet alot (myself included) use Delta alot for our commute.
Lifter

Hey Lifter,

I think you should move your posterior end to Atlanta. 35% of us are enduring the h(anus) living conditions in Atlanta, GA so that we can make it to work on time. There's got to be some disadvantages of living in beautiful San Antonio, otherwise I'd be buying the house next door to you tomorrow.
Oh, by the way hopefully everyone will still make it to work next week. If not, I might get called into work instead of sitting reserve from my house and enjoying the family.

Cheers,

Man, I come back from vacation and WTF?

I printed the latest from the CP and the Association to take with me tomorrow on my commute. I'd drive but my car IS ALREADY DOWN THERE from LAST week I had to drive it then went on vacation from my trip.

DAL is the only non-stop, otherwise I 2-leg through somewhere else and miss the begining of my RS1 sit by 2 hours... bummer. :(

Why did DAL do it? 2 days this thread is up and no one has answered that question???

Hey Man,

This is all just a big misunderstanding, or lack of understanding by the Gate Agents...blown way out. Due to the wording of some memo they are confusing the Interline Agreements(which were canceled) and the Jumpseat Agreements(which remain in FORCE), and the timing of some new requirements of CASS participants(which AirTran isn't). And BINGO, they come up with "no airtran passengers, airtran not CASS, therefore AirTran can't ride." (That about it Donny V?)

Bottom line...all is well, you still ride ifn there be an open seat in the cabin. Good luck on yer monrnin Commute See you in the pit.

Hi!

As far as I know, we aren't on Delta's "jumpseat list". However, we are in CASS.

Does that mean we can js on Delta now because we're in CASS?

cliff
DAL

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back