Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What is the latest W/Pinnacle contract proggress?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Smarta$$

What is the latest W/Pinnacle contract progress?

Just wondering what the latest progress is on your contract negotiations? What improvements are secured and which additional improvements are expected? Are they still planning on 350 new hires this year? What are the chances of trip and duty rigs? Or a min day? Did I hear someone say that you do have block or better currently( after the first 15 minutes), or not at all? Someone told me that you guys sometimes fly 5 day trips, is that true?

Thanks

Last edited:
We do have some 5 days trips, but i think they are rare.

We dont have block or better. Its a trip value system. each trip is worth a certain value. If you come under that value, YAY, you get free money. If you go over that value you only get the extra money if you over by more than 15 minutes. So lets say MSP-LNK is worth 1.5. If you do it in 1.3, you still get 1.5. But if you fly 1.5 plus 14 minutes, you only get 1.5 still. 1.5 plus, 16 minutes plus, its all money in the bank baby. haha.......

I couldnt tell you whats been going on with the contract. I am sure the CNC will try to get duty rigs/trip rigs/ trip protection/ etc...the whole enchilada. Will we get it???? who knows.

It's going to be settled in a couple of weeks!

... oh wait, no it isn't. Like anything in aviation, believe that it's done when you see the TA road shows.

Every week we've been told its going to be done by the end of next week. So, from what I heard tuesday, its going to be done by next friday :)

we can't settle our contract with nwa until we have a contract but management is being stubborn in the fact that they wont give up their demand to give the captains a 5% pay cut. We might not be able to negotiate until alpa's strike ends. Go figure.

2 things are preventing this contract from being done. Scheduling and pay. Unfortunately those could take forever

YOU ARE SOOOOOOOO RIGHT! I was on a 4.5 hour sit the other day in Memphis when I heard that the contract is about to be settled. I looked at the guy and said: "If it includes BS like these productivity sits, you can bet your sweet A$$ I'll be voting against it!!!"

It better have Trip/Duty Rigs or at least a generous minimum day guarantee! Otherwise, its going down BIG TIME BABY!

Cokie907 said:
It better have Trip/Duty Rigs or at least a generous minimum day guarantee! Otherwise, its going down BIG TIME BABY!

Um...yeah...Here's my take on Pinnacle's contract or our (Mesaba's) concessions: Any TA handed down by the MECs will pass with a 63% yes vote.

Oh, you'll HEAR the loud sword rattling of the No Community, but it's the quiet Yes Community you don't see coming that'll get ya.

As far as Trip/Duty Rigs or Min Day, best of luck to you. Pinnacle still needs to get block or better (mostly an industry standard) and 100% trip guarantee (again, mostly an industry standard). So, you need to get those as well as your Trip/Duty Rig and Min Day. All the while, your management is trying to extract concessions from you.

I know many of the Pinnacle pilots are newer and have never seen a contract negotiation at NWA or Mesaba, let alone have gone through one themselves. Is sucks. Welcome aboard!

If history is any guide to red tail regional contract talks it goes something like this. When in Contract talks you shrink....after signing a "relatively" sh!tty contract you grow. With some deviations that is how it has been.

Of course your mileage may vary.

it started with Big NWA passing their t/a when no one thought they would, next it will be Mesaba voting yes to whatever last minute deal comes up on thursday, and then it will be pinnacle voting yes to what ever contract they are offered once they are done with negotiations. At all three of our airlines people do a lot of talking, but in the end most people will vote yes because our managements are good at scaring people.

Latest resources

Back