• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

what is the latest at Hawaiian?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The short ribs and ravioli in First Class today were awesome. Very nice ride and I like the 7-6 WAY better than those old -10's.

And yes, it was a full-fare ticket.

I was recently told by crew planning to expect a bid in the summer with hiring in the fall.

I was recently told by crew planning to expect a bid in the summer with hiring in the fall.
That's correct. The numbers are still vague, but hiring will begin in the late fall to cover training for the Airbus that begins next spring. I've heard anywhere from 30 to 48, but your mileage may vary. The first A330 is supposed to be here the last half of April 2010, and the second a month later.

We also have a rapidly increasing number of +60 pilots that are mostly talking about bailing out around age 62. I'm guessing that including the new-hire growth and retirements we could be looking at 50 or more total new-hires within the next year. (Just a WAG though).

HAL

Just heard of another bid coming out, possibly by next week. 6 Captain slots HNL 767, 2 Captain slots SEA 767, and unknown FO positions. I really don't know if this will include hiring, or if it's just another 'shuffle' like the crew planning department is so fond of. When I hear something, I'll let all of you know.

HAL

Varig,

whats new?

Latest resources

Back