Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

what is the best regional airline to work for?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

propilot1983

Awesome Guy
I recently fulfilled my contract with my current employer so I'm back to being a free pilot. I have about 2200 hrs and 400 multi and haven't really been paying attention to the regional airlines trends like I should have been. Anyway, just wondering what ya'll thought as far as which regional airline(s) is (are) the best.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Throw all the names in a hat and pick one. Are you feeling lucky?

Go to Republic and get in early as you can on the coming growth and enjoy some decent seniority as an FO. 30 EMB-175's in the coming months/years.

UnstableAviator said:
Go to Republic and get in early as you can on the coming growth and enjoy some decent seniority as an FO. 30 EMB-175's in the coming months/years.

Yeah, and some great income as well (trying to keep a straight face).

Probably the best regional is the one where you don't have to commute to work for. Where do you live?

Seriously, pick one that has the best work rules and best pay like a whiskey or coex. Whatever you do, don't go somewhere for the quickupgrade because you may be there longer than you expect. Don't go somewhere to get treated like $hit! (colgan, mesa, hojets, g.l., etc.)

xpdriver said:
None Go To Law School

Yea sure, because thats a resonable choice in your early 30's?

I dont know why folks think going to law school is going to all of a sudden make your life wonderful from there on out. I know some lawyers, they are beat up, tired, crappy sked's, not rolling in money like everyone thinks. I dont think most law school grads come out being one of the beverly hills hollywood lawyers to the stars.

xpdriver, maybe you were being sarcastic and im too dense to pick up on it, but some people actually think heading off to law school after your already "established" in your airline career is such an easy thing to do.

To each is own. Everyone hates every other airline anyhow. The opinions on this board are just a small reflection of the industry. NWA, PINNACLE, PDT on and on and on....whatever. If you are looking for a job pick the company that is right for you. QOL if based on how you look at life and what you value to be important to YOU, no us. Home every night, is great. No commuting. But hey you might like to travel around the US and get paid for it. So to each is own.

Consider all of the following:

1. Potential for upgrade, because this is still what the regionals are all about. The have not made them a great place to stay long term.

2. Live in base. Do you like the base. Commuting sucks. Don't think you can handle a dump for a little while because you may get stuck.

3. Work rules and contract. This is a big deal. Go to one that has a good contract because as ASA mgt. has proven you may have to work under the old contract for a long time.

4. Pay. They are all going to be close but this is important.

5. How does mgt. treat the employees?

Hope this helps.

How do you think ASA ranked here? Not too good!

Latest resources

Back