Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

what is the best regional airline to work for?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

XJT has treated me really well. It's my 3rd airline and I am really happy here. Managment treats us really well, the pay is not a crappy as some, I am slotted for upgrade in OCT after 2 years and a couple of months.

FWIW

I haven't ever worked for a regional airline. I'm thinking of sticking around in charter and move up to our king air when the position opens up. However, that will probably not happen very soon, so i need to start considering my options except for going to law school because that would just be stupid after investing all my time and money since I was a high school student into my flight training. I'm 23, did all my flight training part 61...on the slow track...did my time fueling airplanes for flight lessons, worked my way up to flight instructor and now charter pilot. I've spent 3 years at my current employer making a little less than I would first year at any regional airline. If all I thought about was making money, I would have chosen a more lucrative career. However, I chose one that I knew I would love for the rest of my life. Sure, some parts of aviation have become a job. Not all have. I don't think I could have picked a better career. I am still earning my spot in aviation...not "fast tracking it" like some. So please respect my post becuase it is sincere. Thank you to all that have made a positive contribution.

Just go work for G0jets. It'll be the last place you ever have to worry about interviewing at again. You can just tear up your resumes after you get the job because you wont ever need 'em again... and you will get the job. You could probably upgrade quick and still remain in a lower income tax bracket too. Bonus dude!

xpdriver, maybe you were being sarcastic and im too dense to pick up on it, but some people actually think heading off to law school after your already "established" in your airline career is such an easy thing to do.[/quote]

Yes ....what i meant was after you have done this for awhile and have learned that nothing you expected from a company has come true,and have been lied to so many times that you just laugh now, another choice of careers would have been the way to go...

May I recommend Eurowings?

I asked the same question back in 2000. For me, the answer was ACA. Best contract, highest paid, drove to my domicile (LGA) and an estimated 8-10 month upgrade on the Dornier 328 and still be able to drive to work.

After 4.5 years, I was still an FO, took pay cuts, they closed LGA, moved me to BOS, then CVG and finally IAD. Both the company and ALPA always reminded me that I was commuting by choice, even after 3 base closures in exactly 24 months. In January 2006, every ACA pilot received their furlough notice as the company liquidated.

Are you feeling lucky?

Latest resources

Back