• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What is Skywest New hire Base and equipment

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Just curious but how many newhires have they announced for 2011? I know that there is some interviewing going on new classes. Thanks.

When I went through new-hire, out of fifty, only three (including myself) did not get what they wanted for a base. Those three got their base awarded within a month of employment. Don't know how it is now, but history is worth examining! Good luck!

Yeah but look at my shiny new jet. Soon teens very soon we will be taking our flying back or shutting it down

You sold it. I'm sure you can buy it back. But are you willing to pay for it?

Attrition is picking up, I've been here 5 1/2 years, and I've moved up 10 in the last 2 weeks. Also, you guys looking for a quick upgrade...you can't go to a respectable airline and expect to be a captain in a year. Go work for GO JETS if you want some garbage like that.

Attrition is picking up, I've been here 5 1/2 years, and I've moved up 10 in the last 2 weeks. Also, you guys looking for a quick upgrade...you can't go to a respectable airline and expect to be a captain in a year. Go work for GO JETS if you want some garbage like that.

Regional and respectable should not be used together.

I remember everyone saying 'avoid GoJets' back when they formed. Friend of mine went there and told me to come over. I listened to everyone else, and didn't go. Jokes on me. He upgraded far before, and now has an interview setup at Fedex. If he gets hired at Fedex, I'll be !@#$%!@#$^@$%&^

If there's one thing I've learned is NOT to listen to those emotional pu$$ies in aviation who tell you to avoid an airline because of what they feel is a garbage/sucky airline. The only thing I would say is you should not fly struck work (be an ACTUAL scab). But if you want to go to Gulfstream, GoJets, Mesa, then go for it. The joke will be on others when you go ahead and get at Fedex far before others. And yes, it does matter. It's a seniority driven system. You can hold your head up high and say "I held the bar! I went to Skywest!" While your Gulfstream academy brother or GoJet friend upgrades there, and gets on a major years sooner than you. It doesn't matter where you go, just as long as you don't scab. Going to GoJets *obviously* did not hurt his career. ALPA our hero union even endorsed GoJets as a place for furloughees to hang out for a while, and plenty of United furloughees went to GoJets.

Latest resources

Back