Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What is Good and Bad of Comair and Mesa?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Mesa is currently hiring for DHC-8, CRJ 200, 700 and 900, and ERJ
Bases for the DHC-8 are: PHX, DEN, GJT.
Bases for CRJ 200: IAD, BNA, ORD, and PHX.
Bases for CRJ 700: ORD
Bases for CRJ 900: PHX
Bases for ERJ: MCO
Bases for the Beech: too many to list.
Upgrade in the DHC, around two years right now.
Upgrade for the Jets around 2-3 years. This is subject to change in the near future. Hope this helps.

Look at it with the possibility you may spend your career with the airline that hires you. No one seems to want to admit it may happen, but its part of planning ahead and making a proper decision.

I don't work for either, so can't give you factual advice from within one or the other. All I can say is I know a few that work for Comair, and several that work for Mesa. All of them b!tch about their companies, but the Mesa b!tching is more frequent, and usually about contract violations and crappy scheduling.

I interviewed at Comair and was impressed with what I saw. I was also impressed with their operation on the flights to and from the interview, as well as the couple of times I've used them to commute (except for ATL). Didn't interview at Mesa, but I commute on them weekly. I'm completely unimpressed with the support (or lack thereof) that Mesa crews receive from their company.

My best friend is at Comair, and I've been around some of his friends from work. Good group of people, at least in his circle. At my job, I'm around Mesa folks a lot. Same deal, good group of people, at least in my circle.

Make the decision that best fits your lifestyle and career goals.

Latest resources

Back