What is DRO at AAI?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
CDO's aren't terribly bad, depending on your ability to tolerate them

The current NPRM will take care of any standups. The problem is your productivity on the daylight side will suffer without the standups on the backside. We don't have standups. :) Hurry over and you can enjoy are schedule and benefits.

The NPRM has carve outs for standups. They won't be eliminated.

The NPRM has carve outs for standups. They won't be eliminated.

You won't do em here unless you desire/can hold charters.

If I end up ahead of you on the SLI you can have all mine ...

You won't do em here unless you desire/can hold charters.

How do the charters work? Are they mostly military, sports team, or what? How do the schedules usually work on them? And how senior do they usually go?

How do the charters work? Are they mostly military, sports team, or what? How do the schedules usually work on them? And how senior do they usually go?

I used to work 'em when I commuted (and had some debt to pay down), but thankfully those days are over. There are military, sports, marching band ... whatever.

Generally just a turn, but some are more complicated. Sometimes to a SWA city, sometimes not even an airport with any scheduled service.

They are put into open time and the senior legal pilot gets 'em. The simplest ones show after normal SWA schedules (10 or 11) and fly one leg full one leg ferry. Get you in around 3 or 4. They can be more complicated and even multiday pairings.

I suspect they are starting to go a little more senior with the new premium on them, but I was able to get them as a new hire. They are kind of seasonal though. Always lots around new years for example.

SWA does Am/PM's so they can do MX at night.

That may be true, but I have been led to believe that it is more involved than that:
- It is hard on crews (think I'm drinking the koolaide? Research why Neelman left ...
- It devalues your product.
- It stresses the airline's system for a very low yield.

AM/PM is a simple system that keeps the crews in a reasonable circadian rhythm while still generating significant productivity.

I like it because I love getting up at the crack of 10 ...

I used to work 'em when I commuted (and had some debt to pay down), but thankfully those days are over. There are military, sports, marching band ... whatever.

Generally just a turn, but some are more complicated. Sometimes to a SWA city, sometimes not even an airport with any scheduled service.

They are put into open time and the senior legal pilot gets 'em. The simplest ones show after normal SWA schedules (10 or 11) and fly one leg full one leg ferry. Get you in around 3 or 4. They can be more complicated and even multiday pairings.

I suspect they are starting to go a little more senior with the new premium on them, but I was able to get them as a new hire. They are kind of seasonal though. Always lots around new years for example.

Thanks!

That may be true, but I have been led to believe that it is more involved than that:
- It is hard on crews (think I'm drinking the koolaide? Research why Neelman left ...
- It devalues your product.
- It stresses the airline's system for a very low yield.

AM/PM is a simple system that keeps the crews in a reasonable circadian rhythm while still generating significant productivity.

I like it because I love getting up at the crack of 10 ...

I bet it cuts down on sick calls and nearly eliminates fatigue calls.

Latest resources

Back