• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What is "corporate aviation"???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Gulfstream has me rolling on the floor! And that koolaid kid is so cute.

unanswering, Here is a female's view of corporate aviation, and we all veiw the world differently.

Corporate aviation normally you will be employed with a Fortune 500 company operating all types of various aircraft. Years ago there were some kidnappings of CEO's and other big wigs of corporation and in the last oh 20 to 30 years Fortune 500 companies mostly have their own planes now for security reasons.

Business Aviation to me is normally work for a 135 company that serves either owners or shuttles people around. Can be any type of customer, not necessarily a CEO.

General Aviation is working at the fbo or flying a smaller plane, with maybe one in the fleet.

Commercial Aviation, a scheduled carrier with airline type schedule

Charter, can be supplemental with VIP's on board or a 135 company

91 only jobs are considered Private Jobs using type of jet from 747 to a learjet. (which they might require corporate experience)

I hope this helps, and welcome to the student pilot.

MissKittyKat
When it rains it pours......................Meow!

You're all right, thanks for the additions and clarifications. Myself I have always grouped charter, pilot for hire, private jet pilot, fractional, whaterever, as corporate. I guess I was assuming that even a new student understood what a crop duster was.

After 16 years with the airlines I am new to this "corporate" stuff too...but enjoying it.

Latest resources

Back