Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

UnAnswerd

Activity Terminated
I'm not joking. What is it? Do you routinely fly CEO's around the country or something??? Do you fly people around for business meetings??? Who do you actually work for???

I swear to god I am not joking.

UnAnswerd said:
I'm not joking. What is it? Do you routinely fly CEO's around the country or something??? Do you fly people around for business meetings??? Who do you actually work for???

I swear to god I am not joking.

you answered your own question:)

fr8dogfo said:
In general corporate is commercial flying other than the airlines, except for instructing.

Are you kidding me? Crop dusting is not corporate and neither is charter.

fr8dogfo said:
In general corporate is commercial flying other than the airlines, except for instructing.
I disagree as well. Big difference between what you said. A wealthy person that owns their own jet doesn't necessarily mean that you'd refer to his pilots as "corporate pilots."

You also have charter pilots - who are more or less on-demand, "we need you guys to take us to a business meeting next week", type arrangements. They may work for a company (the charter business), but they dont have one sole customer they fly for.

Corporate pilots is used more to describe pilots who work for a specific company's flight department, and their sole purpose is to fly that company's executives, employees, and cargo to wherever it needs to go. They don't work for anyone but the corporation that signs their paychecks.

Everyone has their own general terms for different types of flying, but here is typically whats more accepted: Airlines, Corporate, Charter, Contract, Cargo, Agriculture, and Flight Instructors.

Corporate Aviation is a sick joke that is no longer funny and Im gonna kick the guys a$$ who started it once I find him.

:D .

Gulfstream 200 said:
Corporate Aviation is a sick joke that is no longer funny and Im gonna kick the guys a$$ who started it once I find him.

:D .

That's too funny... I said just about the exact same thing about the airlines a couple days ago...

:D

User997 said:
Everyone has their own general terms for different types of flying, but here is typically whats more accepted: Airlines, Corporate, Charter, Contract, Cargo, Agriculture, and Flight Instructors.

And don't forget banner towing, skydiver driving, aerial survey, aerial firefighting, other stuff I forgot, and just plane screwing around. :)

Latest resources

Back