Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

what is considered "good" salary/benefits?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Frontier1 said:
Excuse me for the minor spelling error. I am getting ready for a long flight and the beer must of got the best of me.
I am pulling in around 200K after everything.
Aren't you the same guy who is a rookie LEO.

uh what the f?

I am getting ready for a long flight and the beer must of got the best of me.
uh?

I am pulling in around 200K after everything
What the he11 does this mean? After your airline job, real estate job, and lemonade stand?

:confused:

dude log back in to Virtual Airline.Com and go play

satpak77 said:
uh?

What the he11 does this mean? After your airline job, real estate job, and lemonade stand?

:confused:
200K is from flying the 747 all over the world.
I also get some OT for flying for other airlines.

OK Frontier....after that last comment, I call major BS on that!

As for any and all new pilots either switching to this profession or finally realizing their dream, take the opportunity most definately, but with reserve for future strife. Yes accept the crappy pay and benefits most regionals offer but not for many years to come. Just be happy to be where your at, the first major step on the ladder and quite possibly the last! And strive with your fellow pilots to make the place your at a better place to be. Dont settle!

As for the guy how said he was just happy to be flying jets? Thats fine but do not accept for years to come the 18k starting and subsequent substandard pay for the talents and experience we all possess! Just remember if they could have gotten monkeys to fly these planes they already would....sorry to ramble been in the garage painting...think too many fumes?

Make extra money flying for other airlines? So that's what I can do with all those different uniforms in my closet.

Have type rating, will travel... TC

It has been my experience from reading these boards, that the adequacy of salary and benefits, at least at the regional level, is determined by the pilots of all the other airlines, and woe be unto the bottom feeding, scum sucking bar lowerers who do not measure up.

Last edited:
Frontier1 said:
200K is from flying the 747 all over the world.
I also get some OT for flying for other airlines.

Har har har har hee hee hee hee....oh stop, your killing me here!!!!!!!!

By the way I hear Southwest is looking for some part time pilots!

Or you could try FEDEX, but you gotta be quick because I normally snap up all that extra time.

I really hate when I get confused and wear the wrong uniform to my part time job. You know flying for two or three airlines at once gets to be a hassle sometimes!!!!

Snicker....snicker.....!

Latest resources

Back