What is Commutair's hiring status?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

ProPilot5

Did Commutair get the Cleveland spot? Did they get the 11 aircraft and fill the spots with Continetal Express guys?

Do you know if they are actually attending the Air Inc. show in Dallas this Saturday, quite an expensive endevour at the last minute but worth it if they are there!

Any other information would be greatly appreciated.

Tim

CA

Cleveland is still not "official" as there are few details still to be worked out. However there is a new hire class of furloughed COEX pilots scheduled for Jan 27th and several more scheduled in the coming months. Look for an official announcement soon

I'm not sure how many a/c they got. But i'm currently on furlough fron XJT and the info they've been giving us says approx. 70 are going to Commutair.

Commutair is paying $16/hr for the first 90 days based on a minimum of 76 hrs in a 28 day period. ($18/hr after the 90 day period).

That's $14,592.00/yr for starters or $16,416.00/yr after the 90 days is up. Hotel rooms are not provided during training.

Fitzwell you might want to check your math.... we pay 76 hours per bid which equals 28 days. There are 13 bids so that would work out to 17328 a year. (that's including almost 3 months at 16/hr and the rest at 18) Haven't verified it yet, but from what I hear that's pretty close if not more then COEX pays its first year FOs.

Fitzwell,

Also note that Commutair provides you additional per-diem while in ground school. That additional per-diem equals half of the cost of a hotel room in PLB, so if you pair up with someone your hotel is paid. Also you will be getting regular pay while in training. Believe me your training paychecks will be the best FO paychecks you get.

"I've never felt so accepted in all my life. These people looked deep within my soul and assigned me a number based on the order in which I joined" - Homer Simpson

Last edited:
BE1900DATP said:
Haven't verified it yet, but from what I hear that's pretty close if not more then COEX pays its first year FOs.

Actually, that's about $17,328 more than COEX pays its first year FOs. :)

So, what will Commutair's future hiring projections be once the Coex aviators start heading back to their home? Will Commutair keep flying those routes or will they become Coex routes again?
Has Commutair hired anyone in the past seven months or have there been any interviews going on?

I believe CommutAir will keep the Cleveland routes. When the Coex people leave, there should be some vacancies to fill. Not many, though. Probably between 50-70 jobs over the course of a few months. Incidentally, the CommutAir pilot group and management have been very gracious with this offer. If this is an indication of the way they do business and treat their employees, then they are definitely a company worth working for. They have gone out of their way to accomodate the furloughed Coex pilots and handled a potentially difficult and uncomfortable situation exceptionally well. Thanks to all the people at CommutAir.

Latest resources

Back