• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What is an "accident"???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Tired, my intent is not to create amusement but to assist in some small way to the knowledge of the board members. Any time you get a bunch of "A" personalities in a discussion, well, it can get heated. I admire any person who tries to better their life, personal or professional. A student asking a question is one example. As an instructor some times you must soft shoe a student then other times you use the shoe to loft them a foot off the ground to get their attention. It can be hard over the computer screen to know which approach to use. We are so use to the face to face instruction that it can be hard to decide while just looking at a flat screen.

How serious am I? Sometimes too serious. But not many here have walked a family out to a crash site to collect personal effects after a fatal accident. It can give you a new perspective on the subject.

I do not mind helping some one, but I get irritated when I think some one is not doing their homework before looking for a free answer.

JAFI

JAFI said:
How serious am I? Sometimes too serious. But not many here have walked a family out to a crash site to collect personal effects after a fatal accident. It can give you a new perspective on the subject.

What I'm wondering is how long it takes for the 'fresh crash' smell to fade from memory, on scene before family even knew their loved ones were missing.

Too bad more accident investigators don't post to these boards. We have a lot to learn from them.

Fly SAFE!
Jedi Nein

The "fuzz's" perspective

JAFI said:
[M]y intent is not to create amusement but to assist in some small way to the knowledge of the board members . . . .
I, for one, appreciate JAFI's contributions. Pilots always seem to have beefs with the feds. It's great to hear the viewpoint from the other side of the desk. If anything, it makes for a far more balanced discussion, which can only further the cause of learning.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back