What is American Connection?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

00Dog

I bought a ticket from St. Louis to Louisville and I'm on American Connection. The plane is an MD-80. Which airline is this?

If its an MD-80 and a direct flight, then you're flying mainline AAL. Flights 2803/2835?

Or maybe they have the aircraft type messed up, and you're on Chautaqua (known as "American Connection"), flying an embraer.

Max

Im sure the AAers can answer better, but possibly your connecting? and flying on a COnnection carrier on one leg. I think they are listing the ticket under an AX or Connection code to get around some scope or something. So possibly if you had one mainline and one connection flight, traditional you would see your ticket as AA, but now AA has done this reverse code share and its showing AConnection...

...Or maybe its a Typo!

You are flying on Chautauqua Airlines, with service provided by their codeshare partner, American Airlines. It will be an AA MD-80 with an AA crew, but the flight code will be AX. No, the flight attendants probably won't say "welcome aboard Chautauqua Airlines" on the PA.

Yes, this is an idea conjured up by the company to sidestep the Allied Pilot's Association's scope restrictions. It's called "reverse codesharing".

And yes, the pilots of AA and Eagle have a huge problem with it. Look further down for other threads about this.

Well, weasels like you dont have to worry about getting sucked into jet engines do they? Of course, you could get a job on the ramp....:cool:

C'mon people lets be realistic!
The fact is that just about everyone that's on this board that works for a regional is taking flying from the guys at mainline, right or wrong, like it or not. ACA- growing at UAL's and DAL's expense. Comair-growing at DAL's expense. ASA-growing at DAL's expense. Skywest-growing at UAL and DAL's expense. Penacle-growing at NWE's expense. COEX-growing despite furloughs due to downflow, at CAL's expense. EAGLE- adding more and bigger regional jets because of the reverse code share which frees up ASMs for them to do it, despite furloughs cause of downflow. American Connection-growing because of reverse code share which exempts them from ASMs. The list goes on and on. It is twisted and doesn't look good for us regional guys who want to go to a major. However, it looks even worse for those guys at the majors who lost their jobs with no end in sight.

Just my .02

Thats just silly, gulfstream is the scum at the bottom of the pond, and exists for the sole purpose of sucking 18K from some aspiring pilot, only to flush them down the toilet after 250 hours. That doesnt exist at any other carrier, and thats the reason they are total garbage. PFT is bad enough, but the fact that they can them after 250 hrs just proves that they are not a serious airline and exist only to take $$. Then they have the ballz to tell their students that they are more marketable because anybody who flies as a CFI or charter pilot is wasting their time in pistons. Just because Pinnacle takes them on, they all think they are on the fast track to the majors, and it is a load of crap.

DONT compare them to a real airline because they are not!

H8U my apologies and I concur
It was not my intention to compare that .......hmmmm...airline down there to all the other respectable regionals mentioned. I was merely stating what I percieve as fact about trends of today's industry. I'm just tired of seeing some of these regionals' pilots headbanging each other in a lost cause and not realizing to some extent that they are doing the exact same thing (outsourcing jobs from the majors) although to be fair, NOT INTENTIONALLY.;)

Latest resources

Back