What in the world??!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

zonejumper

A drunk male passenger was caught peeing on a sleeping 11-year old girl on a JFK-bound JetBlue flight on Wednesday.

18-year old Robert Vietze of South Warren, Vermont was on a red eye flight from Portland, Oregon when he started peeing on a sleeping 11-year old girl who was traveling with her sister and father, the New York Post reports.

Vietze was drunk, having consumed eight drinks, and stumbled five rows behind him (presumably towards the bathroom?!) when he started peeing on the girl. The girl's family was using the bathroom at the time.

"I was drunk, and I did not realize I was pissing on her leg," the 6-foot-4, 195-pound Vietze told law enforcement.

The unidentified girl's father caught Vietze peeing on his daughter and started screaming, "F--- that kid! I don't want him near my family!" a fellow passenger told the Post.

Flight attendants separated the father and Vietze, whom they moved to the back of the plane. They also tried to clean up the pee with soap from the bathrooms.

Yet the already exciting flight was far from over. An hour before the plane landed, another passenger started complaining of chest pains and vomited. The pilot addressed the plane, asking "Is anybody on this flight a nurse or doctor? We have a medical emergency." Yet no one stepped forward so flight attendants worked to keep him calm.

A witness told the Post that the pilots "kept coming out of the cockpit to talk to the flight crew about what was going on."

Six Port Authority cops greeted the plane when it landed at 6:30am. Two helped the sick passenger while four carted Vietze into custody.

Vietze has been issued a federal summons for indecent exposure.

This is not, surprisingly, the first time a passenger has peed on another under the influence of alcohol. Back in June, a drunk New Zealand man on a Jetstar flight from Auckland to Singapore peed on the plane's carpet, a man's leg and a woman's scarf after drinking whiskey out of Burger King cups with friends. The man, Michael Aitkin, eventually came forward and apologized profusely to his fellow passengers for his actions.

Said pilots kept coming out of cockpit to talk to FA's about what was going on. If true, pilots could be in some hot water. That's a big no no.

A drunk male passenger was caught peeing on a sleeping 11-year old girl on a JFK-bound JetBlue flight on Wednesday.

18-year old Robert Vietze of South Warren, Vermont was on a red eye flight from Portland, Oregon when he started peeing on a sleeping 11-year old girl who was traveling with her sister and father, the New York Post reports.

Vietze was drunk, having consumed eight drinks, and stumbled five rows behind him (presumably towards the bathroom?!) when he started peeing on the girl. The girl's family was using the bathroom at the time.

"I was drunk, and I did not realize I was pissing on her leg," the 6-foot-4, 195-pound Vietze told law enforcement.

The unidentified girl's father caught Vietze peeing on his daughter and started screaming, "F--- that kid! I don't want him near my family!" a fellow passenger told the Post.

Flight attendants separated the father and Vietze, whom they moved to the back of the plane. They also tried to clean up the pee with soap from the bathrooms.

Yet the already exciting flight was far from over. An hour before the plane landed, another passenger started complaining of chest pains and vomited. The pilot addressed the plane, asking "Is anybody on this flight a nurse or doctor? We have a medical emergency." Yet no one stepped forward so flight attendants worked to keep him calm.

A witness told the Post that the pilots "kept coming out of the cockpit to talk to the flight crew about what was going on."

Six Port Authority cops greeted the plane when it landed at 6:30am. Two helped the sick passenger while four carted Vietze into custody.

Vietze has been issued a federal summons for indecent exposure.

This is not, surprisingly, the first time a passenger has peed on another under the influence of alcohol. Back in June, a drunk New Zealand man on a Jetstar flight from Auckland to Singapore peed on the plane's carpet, a man's leg and a woman's scarf after drinking whiskey out of Burger King cups with friends. The man, Michael Aitkin, eventually came forward and apologized profusely to his fellow passengers for his actions.

Big question, what does it take to get a JBLU flight diverted into say..... ORD? I mean you have a drunk 18yr old arse hole peeing on a 11 yr old girl, then you have a man complaining of chest pain so much that he vomits..... I would have diverted to Omaha, dropped them off and said so long charlies......

Said pilots kept coming out of cockpit to talk to FA's about what was going on. If true, pilots could be in some hot water. That's a big no no.

No sh!t. At first I thought maybe it was some JS'ers sitting in the cabin, but passenger claimed they kept coming out of the cockpit. For the crew's sake, I hope it's not true as they will be in some very deep doo-doo.

I also am at a loss as to how a kid who was so out of it was allowed to board the aircraft. Even if the gate agent turned a blind eye, as they often do just to get rid of a PITA passenger, none of the 3 FAs caught his obvious f-ed up state???

I'm thinking there a few B6 crew members who have a lot of 'splainin' to do. Methinks they will be brought into the office and reacquainted with basic FARs.

No sh!t. At first I thought maybe it was some JS'ers sitting in the cabin, but passenger claimed they kept coming out of the cockpit. For the crew's sake, I hope it's not true as they will be in some very deep doo-doo.

I also am at a loss as to how a kid who was so out of it was allowed to board the aircraft. Even if the gate agent turned a blind eye, as they often do just to get rid of a PITA passenger, none of the 3 FAs caught his obvious f-ed up state???

I'm thinking there a few B6 crew members who have a lot of 'splainin' to do. Methinks they will be brought into the office and reacquainted with basic FARs.
The press always gets these things right. Their track record is flawless.

Latest resources

Back