• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What if Capt. Sully was at a regional?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm thinking something like.....these regional pilots are dangerous....with their inexperience, they forget one of the most basic jobs in piloting.... to keep an eye outside the cockpit for other traffic...either man-made or biological.

Something along those lines from the "big" pilots.

Goose vs. RJ

If a goose were to ever hit an itty bitty RJ....

RJ breaks apart while goose safely glides down to the river unharmed.

How would the perception of the accident have changed?

I think the only reason Sully got the praise he got was because the media found out his name and website; saw his background consisting as a former fighter pilot, having assisted the NTSB in accident investigations, has his own company involving aviation safety and his picture that showed a grey mustached old man who had that air of wisdom and experience. It just wouldn't have the same public effect if it was some young guy who looks like they barely reached pubity. I know this may get me in trouble now, but I bet if it was some young regional chick Captain that saved the day, you bet she'd be made into a star too.

The pilot would be Jr Manned to taxi a couple of planes around JFK and never get his pay straightened out for the extra work. He would also be responsible for a new headset, manuals, flight kit, suitcase and uniform. Any missed days of work would come out of sick time or vacation and if he missed the bid he might have to sit reserve the next month making him miss his brother's wedding where he is the best man. He would then get dumped by his girlfriend who he had recently purchased a diamond ring for, which happened to be in his flight bag, and go into default for his student loans due to loss of pay and making payments on the uninsured ring which is now sitting on the bottom of the Hudson.

With Bankruptcy looming he moves back into his parents house and gets a second job as a Pizza Hut delivery driver where he is robbed and shot fatally over a discrepancy on the toppings ordered on a Meat Lover's Supreme Pizza and $20 cash (two fives and ten ones).

Oh ya. The following questions are included in the press conference.
"When do you plan on applying to a BIG airline?"
"What route do you fly?"
"When will you get your BIG plane license?"
"Where you scared?"

Latest resources

Back