Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What happens to the Compass flowthrough, if NWA Merges?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
WHO KNOWS what will happen to Compass? Probably nobody but Anderson and Steenland. And it's pointless for y'all to chuck spears at each other over it. It CERTAINLY isn't going to get resolved here on Flightinfo!

Every important aviation decision in recent history has been solved in these very forums sir.

Has anyone heard what the NWA Union's plans are for negotiating in Compass' Behalf? I mean they represent the Compass pilot group, shouldn't they have Compass pilot's best interest in mind too?

Has anyone heard what the NWA Union's plans are for negotiating in Compass' Behalf? I mean they represent the Compass pilot group, shouldn't they have Compass pilot's best interest in mind too?

You mean by doing something like facilitating a transfer of mainline DC-9 flying to ERJs? Pretty sure they already did that. Anything else you want, or the whittling down of my fleet while yours grows and grows enough for you? Just curious.

USair and AA both own regionals and have a "flowthrough" aka "flowback"

Really??? Hell I work for one of the WO'ed at US Airways and didn't know that. I guess I will tell everyone tomarrow we have a flowthru!!

Thanks for the info

You mean by doing something like facilitating a transfer of mainline DC-9 flying to ERJs? Pretty sure they already did that. Anything else you want, or the whittling down of my fleet while yours grows and grows enough for you? Just curious.

Man you can make that argument for every regional out there. Skywest, Comair, PSA, it's been heard before. if you really want to complain, blame your union for voting Compass in. they held the cards, and it was only going to be a matter of time before nwa mgmt got their hands on the 70 seat flying like everyone else. no one at compass is HAPPY to steal flying from mainline. in fact, i wish Compass never would've been formed and mesaba was never offered 900's. those airplanes belong at a major not only at nwa, but at yonited, AA, delta, and USAir. The biggest reasons people are here is because yes RIGHT NOW the upgrade for those hired is short, and a very large majority of the individuals live or want to live in the bases. so please don't say that the compass pilot group is trying to WHITTLE down your D9's so we can propel our growth. it's another supplemental lift airline like the lots of them, and that's all it ever will be. nwa mec holds the keys for compass, they're our union reprensentation. if you guys aren't happy about compass, the first people that fingers should be pointed at is your own union.

Really??? Hell I work for one of the WO'ed at US Airways and didn't know that. I guess I will tell everyone tomarrow we have a flowthru!!

Thanks for the info

If us air doesnt then i retract my statement. Maybe i was thinking about the jets for jobs guys? Ooppss;)

Man you can make that argument for every regional out there. Skywest, Comair, PSA, it's been heard before. if you really want to complain, blame your union for voting Compass in. they held the cards, and it was only going to be a matter of time before nwa mgmt got their hands on the 70 seat flying like everyone else. no one at compass is HAPPY to steal flying from mainline. in fact, i wish Compass never would've been formed and mesaba was never offered 900's. those airplanes belong at a major not only at nwa, but at yonited, AA, delta, and USAir. The biggest reasons people are here is because yes RIGHT NOW the upgrade for those hired is short, and a very large majority of the individuals live or want to live in the bases. so please don't say that the compass pilot group is trying to WHITTLE down your D9's so we can propel our growth. it's another supplemental lift airline like the lots of them, and that's all it ever will be. nwa mec holds the keys for compass, they're our union reprensentation. if you guys aren't happy about compass, the first people that fingers should be pointed at is your own union.

Um, the post WAS directed at the union.....

Riddle me this then Batman... why even have a mainline and a regional in the first place, why have scope? Why not just negotiate real pay rates for the E jets and place them on the mainline and solve the "mainline growth" problem? Compass is interviewing 20,000hour pilots these days (ex-ATA, et al) and are hardly hiring the 600 ERAU wonders that might (God forbid) contaminate a seniority list.

Latest resources

Back