Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What happens to the Compass flowthrough, if NWA Merges?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Of course, and that contract will have to be negotiated so when Occum's Razor claims that every contract provision will survive intact, he's either being disingenuous or naive. Isn't that right?

I'm in ALPA and that protection should exist within the union - no? If flow throughs are such a good deal for the profession, why aren't Delta, Northwest, Continental and United Airline pilots exploring mutual flow throughs with the coming merger?

The compass and mesaba flowthroughs were being developed well before any of this merger stuff came out. Also NWA started Compass and bought Mesaba. USair and AA both own regionals and have a "flowthrough" aka "flowback"

I think there should not be a flow through. Should be one list, negotiated with the merger. All the wholly owned pilots on one list, one bargaining representative, one management, on brand.

Management can run Compass, Comair, Mesaba, whatever they please, but pilots will be on the Company's seniority list. This provides job security during fleet renewal and rational career progression.

What do you pilots think? Those who think this is a good idea need to let their status representatives know.

Management can run Compass, Comair, Mesaba, whatever they please, but pilots will be on the Company's seniority list.

This point can not be overstated. They don't have to merge the companys, just merge the lists.

My insiders are telling me that Delta pilots are working hard to get all the regional guys flowthru.

What a great bunch of professionals!

Wow, trying to help you get on with the airline? We sometimes have trouble getting the jumpseat with United!

You all are amazing. This is nothing but mental masturbation to debate something like this.

WHO KNOWS what will happen to Compass? Probably nobody but Anderson and Steenland. And it's pointless for y'all to chuck spears at each other over it. It CERTAINLY isn't going to get resolved here on Flightinfo!

Latest resources

Back