Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What happened to Skywest taking over the USAir/Mesa PHX ops?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

johnsonrod

I thought the Skywest guys said they were going to takeover the Mesa ops in PHX? They were pretty confident, too. Now how will Skywest grow next? Any new rumors or guesses? What's left to pick up?

Mesa still has to have its reorganiztion plan approved by the court and creditors. What they proposed may not be what is approved. How OO are any other potential buyer is affected by this is yet to be seen.

Hopefully US Airways will get their Sh!t back together and take their own flying back with less uncomfortable jets. Leave the TPs for EAS and :45 and less flights to smaller cities. Bring some of those 190s out to PHX for the less dense routes. The Delta and SWA flights I'm on going and coming for work are always full or close going in and out PHX.

Oh, and Delta, you guys need to put a bigger jet on SLC-PHX!!!!

Pt P

I think usair having a 10% stake (remember united w xjet stock and execs lining their pockets after Skyw buyout) means buy out coming soon. My votes actually on air willy. That place is run by some smart venture capitalists and I don't think Jerry can deal with the integration like they can.

Hopefully US Airways will get their Sh!t back together and take their own flying back with less uncomfortable jets. Leave the TPs for EAS and :45 and less flights to smaller cities. Bring some of those 190s out to PHX for the less dense routes. The Delta and SWA flights I'm on going and coming for work are always full or close going in and out PHX.

Oh, and Delta, you guys need to put a bigger jet on SLC-PHX!!!!

Pt P

Just because mainline carriers take back their flying doesn't mean that will solve your commuting issue.Less frequency with bigger equipment and flights are still full....Now what? :rolleyes:

Just because mainline carriers take back their flying doesn't mean that will solve your commuting issue.Less frequency with bigger equipment and flights are still full....Now what? :rolleyes:

A plane that doesn't need 600lbs of ballast to take a jumpseater?

I'm not a jumpseater. I am always a revenue passenger when going to and from work. Being home based, my company pays to commercial our crews to and from the beginning and end of our trips.

I'm speaking from a paying passenger prospective, and I have hundreds of thousands of miles in experience riding in the back of commercial airlines in the US and the rest of the World.

Thanks for your concern though...

Pt P

MESA still needs better management. I think something is still brewing behind the scenes with Mesa, SkyWest and US Airways. Since everything has been pushed back a few months from the initial rumored announcement date, SkyWest will probably still end up with MESA and then the deal with SkyWest, inc and US Airways will reveal itself.

MESA still needs better management. I think something is still brewing behind the scenes with Mesa, SkyWest and US Airways. Since everything has been pushed back a few months from the initial rumored announcement date, SkyWest will probably still end up with MESA and then the deal with SkyWest, inc and US Airways will reveal itself.

Someone told me that the BK judge told Jerry that if he wanted to buy the Mesa Assets, he would have to take all of the employees too. Jerry doesn't like being told anything, but hopefully the United and CAL MECs will tell him "all your 70 seat flying belong to us."

Bye Bye--General Lee

Latest resources

Back