What Fractional?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
losing hope

This young man was looking for info into a possible career in this segment of aviation. What he found was Barnum and freakin' Bailey cramming ten clowns into a Volkswagen.

If I was him, I'd look at switching my major.

Hey boss, of course I wish I could fly for a major... Fed ex mostly.
I would love to fly for any one of these big guys, Fed Ex, UPS, SW, JB...but lets face it, there is so much competition out there...I feel like I might never make it to a major anymore. So many guys out of a job more qualified than me. Will any of the majors hire me lets say in two years once I have about 3000 to 3500 total and about 1500 turbine PIC while trying to compete with a 10k hour pilot with 4 heavy types.....give me sooome hope!!! but then again a BBJ or a Challanger 300 is nice.

Been with Options for over four years, lots of changes, but for the better! I have enjoyed every one I fly with and work with. Never no real problems. We have seen what works and what doesn't and I beleive the company is trying to make a turn for the better, money wise. This has been a great company, lots of changes going on but I do beleive things are for the better.

You guys get way too emotional about things on this board. The fact of the matter is, if someone doesn't agree with you, you jump on them. When someone pushes back, you get mad and blame it on them. Are you in politics?

For the record, I too speak to every frac pilot I pass in the FBOs/hotels and I've had dinner with quite a number of Options and Flex crews. We all do the same job with a different tie. As I said in my first post, we ALL have our issues but there are a bunch of good guy/ladies at each company.

flybet3: Regardless of what you may see here, it really is a viable career. Take a look at each company's web site, talk to their pilots in the FBOs, and Google anything you can think of. Fly for Flex for the Bombardier products, CShares for the Cessna products, FO for Raytheon or NetJets for all of the above (except Bombardier

Citation Shares

How many planes and pilots does citation shares currently have, does anyone know? Are they still growing?

Flybet3 said:
Which Fractional would you guys recommend if a pilot had to take that career path?

As anywhere in aviation, you go to the one that hires you. Put in your resumes/apps, and see what happens. Not many have the "choice" of where to go.

Good luck.

yep

Ultra Grump said:
As anywhere in aviation, you go to the one that hires you. Put in your resumes/apps, and see what happens. Not many have the "choice" of where to go.

Good luck.

Yeah I guess, thats how I got my current job.....but i definetly dont just apply anywhere nor do i take any job.

Cpt Splash said:
So you take the word of the CEO of CS. I guess the president of the competition will always give accurate info.
Just to clarify, CS' CEO didn't compile the data. If you re-read the quote it says "Citing data from leading investment bank, UBS..."

To be more clear, it came from Aviation Week & Space Technology
10/06/2003, page 63. The last report came out at NBAA 2004.

NJA Captain - you are wrong

Netjets has furloughed. In late 80's, when the pilots were paying for fuel with their personal credit cards. Furloughed about half the pilots if I remember correctly. Lasted about a year. Had 2 friends in that group. Neither came back. If they had they would be right around the mid 40's senority wise.

Scary how much most pilots here dont know about NJA.

Flybet3 said:
better QOL? And yeah, I guess FLOPS and NET JETS must suck, b/c no one has responded yet.

Maybe it's because we're sick and tired of the stupid a$s questions that have been answered a million times if you just know how the search feature works....? Then again, maybe it's because we just don't give a sh!t...take your pick.

Ok

FracCapt said:
Maybe it's because we're sick and tired of the stupid a$s questions that have been answered a million times if you just know how the search feature works....? Then again, maybe it's because we just don't give a sh!t...take your pick.

Ok, if you dont give a sh!t than why are you answering you prick! secondly you are about 2 days late you slow f***. DIC

Latest resources

Back