Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What ever happened with Mesa in JFK for Delta?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You spend a grand to go overseas and after an 8 hour flight, you get to JFK and Mesa and it's awesome completion facor cancels the flight so 4 hours later you get the last seat on the next flight flown by 3 overworked, underpaid, fatigued crewmembers who could give a ******************** cuz the company they work for is evil.

Sorry, I just woke up.

While I do agree with you in regaurds to Mesa; a lot of pople fly over sea's to get on a prop job.

DTW= Mesaba SF34
CLT= Piedmonts DH8's / Mesa's B190's
PHL= PDT and AMW

and so one.

Everytime I've tried to commute on Mesa out of JFK it is either delayed or cancelled after a long delay. What's going on with the operation over there?

It's the same game that Mesa played with USAirways, which got a large portion of their flying $hi* canned........

Mesa would have a mechanical and delay the flight to a point that USAirways would cancel it. Under the operating agreement, Mesa got paid if USAirways mainline cancelled a Mesa flight. However, if Mesa cancelled a flight they wouldn't get paid.

The freedom operation out of JFK has started out in a bit of a slow peak cause Delta came to Mesa and told them in like a 1,2,3 deal to scrap up some Dash's which Freedom didn't have on the fleet and put it in the ops out in JFK and only gave them 4 months. many other airlines are given longer with aircraft they already have on the fleet and all they have to to is repaint them and send them over. They had to buy them, refit them with better working equip and put them on, thats why it got off to a ruggy start, but now they are pretty much on full swing with only 3 more Dash's to be put on line.

As for the compleation factor, they are not as bad as all you guys are seeing, last i check comair has more issues with on time and compleation factors then freedom does, plus, ever work out of JFK, its very difficult and its not really Freedoms fault for all the delays, many of it is because of all the international ops out there and the ground crews who barely know a word of english and keep puting bags in the wrong place and screwing up things with bag trasfers, its a multi-lingual barrier there, which makes it difficult to get many people off the big metal, smoothly have them go through customs and then push them on the connection carrier. Fly international out of JFK and you'll see how nutty the customs situation is at JFK as well. Every airline flying international can tell you of the difficulty at JFK to get things to run smoothly. How many airlins start off smoothly when they just start up anyhow? With time these things will quell over, and its been showing already with much more improvements. A friend of mine fying the Dash out there, said this last month, the improvement has been like night and day now that they are getting the ops settled out and getting i the swing of things. Delta knows this and will keep the Dash's and Freedom as long as it keeps the costs where they want it which Freedom seems to be doing for them.

As for the compleation factor, they are not as bad as all you guys are seeing, last i check comair has more issues with on time and compleation factors then freedom does, plus, ever work out of JFK, its very difficult and its not really Freedoms fault for all the delays, many of it is because of all the international ops out there and the ground crews who barely know a word of english and keep puting bags in the wrong place and screwing up things with bag trasfers, its a multi-lingual barrier there, which makes it difficult to get many people off the big metal, smoothly have them go through customs and then push them on the connection carrier.

Wow, that has to be the longest and most incoherent run-on sentence I've ever seen. It hurt my brain just to read that post.

Try going back to the 3rd grade and brush up on spelling and grammar.

Wow, that has to be the longest and most incoherent run-on sentence I've ever seen. It hurt my brain just to read that post.

Try going back to the 3rd grade and brush up on spelling and grammar.

LOL. . wow, yeah that was pretty bad, but ah well, I was in a rush, and last I remembered this isn't a grammar contest.
But let’s keep in mind; these are message boards for crying out loud, not online literary published text. If I had a nickel every time I hear someone criticize someone for the grammar on this board , I would retire at my young age.

The freedom operation out of JFK has started out in a bit of a slow peak cause Delta came to Mesa and told them in like a 1,2,3 deal to scrap up some Dash's which Freedom didn't have on the fleet and put it in the ops out in JFK and only gave them 4 months. many other airlines are given longer with aircraft they already have on the fleet and all they have to to is repaint them and send them over. They had to buy them, refit them with better working equip and put them on, thats why it got off to a ruggy start, but now they are pretty much on full swing with only 3 more Dash's to be put on line.

Don't forget that Mesa AGREED to this. Delta didn't force anybody into anything. JO Salivated at a chance for growth and overcommitted. THERE is the problem.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back