• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What does Apr'08 hire date buy u at SWA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
A spot on the seniority list that I gave my left nut for.

Was it worth it? Seems like a steep price for a job. Was it Higher Power that did the collection or the lady in HR

Codeshare?........oops...wrong airline......

Si, con Volaris.

Bye Bye---General Lee

International growth at Delta has stopped thanks to our discovery of the Virtual Airline.......

Aeroflot

Aero Mexico

Air Europa

Air France

Alitalia

China Southern

CSA Czech Airlines

Kenya Airways

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines

Korean Air

TAROM

Vietnam Airlines

Delta Airlines = Stagnation Airlines

Buh-Bye......Sacha

Just my opinion. It may be hard to say what your seniority will be based on "current" staffing. As we bring planes over obviously some bases will get larger and thus seniority will probably be a lot better. MCO will for sure be quite a bit larger by just adding current Airtran flights without much overlap. Bwi and mdw will see good expansion also IMO. But you never know if they may add planes in las, oak, or phx. And with the rumored new base in lax that will spread things out also. I know it's not the numbers you were looking for but I hope I helped a little bit!

This is what on 08 hire date at SWA will get you. In no particular order, if you fly PMs, a steady flow of T and A on the road, a new set of sweater monkeys for your wife, your girl friend, or both. And a down payment on a divorce attorney, and the start of a 201K.

If you fly AMs, a steady flow of coffee requests when you run for a refill. A few hours to walk around whatever city you are in wearing your leather jacket without the yes, I am a pilot badgering insignia. A steady flow of pressure to buy a bigger house, upgrade the car, and pressure to actually start saving money. As well as incessant need to do battle with a few losers on flightinfo who trash the company who is now paying you thousands more to do the exact same job you did before you got the badge that says ...the spirit of Southwest Airlines.

Cheers.

You forgot the 15 year upgrade, Ace.

I was hired a year ago, and our outlook due to retirements beats your certain stagnation easily. Anyone going to SWA now gets to sit behind all the young Airtran guys, and only 150 or so retirements per year for the next decade. Would newhires now get Airtran or SWA rates btw? Anyone who decides that will have to eat that turd sandwich for years, below the trannies.

Godspeed!

OYS

Heck,

Airtran narrow body domestic pay is more than Delta's.

Latest resources

Back