Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What does anybody that has flown the ATR think of it?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If you thought the ATR was underpowered and slow, with the same engines as the 42 the DHC-8 can't even get close to the barber pole (242 KIAS) in level cruise, 90% TQ at 2000'.

I enjoyed the ATR, the 212A was great, that sucker hummed in flight, didn't even need to touch the condition levers to adjust Np.

Last edited:
By far the most fun airplace that I have ever flown. Much better than the CRJ, bigger cockpit, more comfortable seats (both front and back), better autopilot. When ATC tells you "short approach" you can lose 10,000 in about 6 miles if you know how. Landing takes sime time to get used to, but except in strong crosswinds it's really not difficult to land. Only thing I didn't like about it was the tiller...you couldn't take you hand off of it or it would take off to one side or the other.

What are the 3 most worthless things on an ATR?
1) The Captain
2) The wipers
3) The landing lights

You guys pick a fine time to get all HIGH-BROW.......sigh....just when I thought I had this board figured out.

I have flown both the ATR-42/72 and the Dash-8 100/200/300. They are both great airplanes. I miss the carrying capability of the ATR and the large amount of fuel.

The landings in the ATR are way easier than the dash. Trailing link gear is where it is at!

Latest resources

Back