Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Spinplate

ExpressJet Interview Help

I left the regionals about 1 year ago to help take care of my Grandmother. I went back to a finance job and havent flown since. My Grandmother is in a home now and I am wanting to get back into it as a career. I am in the process of getting my IPC in the simulator and getting mutli current here locally before I interview with anyone. I left Mesa, so there was no leave of absence (no way in hell Im going back). I have a few friends at Xjet and was wondering how, and if, Xjet would look at me being away from flying for just over year? I have over 2000TT 700multi Any thoughts on how they would react to that in an interview? Thanks guys!

Last edited:
Man, I don't know how XJET would treat your situation, but if what you tell is how it went down, I'd hire you in a second based on character alone.

In other words, I have no input other than you're a helluva guy (or gal). Your family did a good job raising you.

Last edited:
Right now all regionals are hurting for people and you have one of the best reasons as to why you interrupted your career. I don't forsee a problem except wich of the offers to take

Man, I don't know how XJET would treat your situation, but if what you tell is how it went down, I'd hire you in a second based on character alone.

In other words, I have no input other than you're a helluva guy (or gal). Your family did a good job raising you.
Absolutely.

If you want to come to SkyWest, PM me and I will do everything I can.

The problem would be getting past the XJT application system. Its automated and not being current would dequal you. If you can, have one of your friends put a bug in someones ear to see what they can do. Good luck, sorry to hear 'bout your gm.

Edit: I may have misread your post. If you are getting current, don't sweat it. I was away from flying for 4 years post 9/11, but got current and they hired me, but I did have previous 121. One year is no biggie, and you have a very valid reason.

Thank you for the great replies..... puts a smile on my face that I can fly again soon hopefully. I cant wait to take that pay cut, but sure does beat a damn desk job!!

I left the regionals about 1 year ago to help take care of my Grandmother. I went back to a finance job and havent flown since. My Grandmother is in a home now and I am wanting to get back into it as a career. I am in the process of getting my IPC in the simulator and getting mutli current here locally before I interview with anyone. I left Mesa, so there was no leave of absence (no way in hell Im going back). I have a few friends at Xjet and was wondering how, and if, Xjet would look at me being away from flying for just over year? I have over 2000TT 700multi Any thoughts on how they would react to that in an interview? Thanks guys!

Eagle hired me after I had pretty much the same situation as you did. Last I saw and heard Xjet is kinda "stuck up" about these situation, dont belive me? look at aviationinterviews and see how many guys they send home 5 minutes into the interview due to BS. Good luck my friend! Family will aaaaaalways come first! There will be many jobs, and only ONE family.

the regionals are scrambling for pilots. you won't have a problem.

if you can, talk a little about why you want to come back from what sounds like is probably a decent job outside of aviation. this board is full of self-loathing crybaby types who need to hear it.

Well... Im a stockbroker at a brokerage firm (non-commissioned) and do fairly well income wise, but its a desk job and Im stuck on the phone all day long. It was great for a few months being home every night and having a stable income that is above poverty level, but thats not everything. I am 28 and like most of you, have been flying since I was 16. Its in my blood and I have busted my a$$ trying to fly for a living. You HAVE to do what makes you happy regardless of all the BS that may come along with it. Even working for Mesa in the past, it was still fun to be able to get a paycheck (not much of one) to be able to fly. It has only been a year and it feels like an eternity, but Im ready to make the jump back into pilot life. Thanks to all for all the feedback! I appreciate it!

Latest resources

Back