What do you think...?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

PILOTO

hey guys i need help. i'm cfing right now and i'm ready to move on. but i'm don't know if i'm gonna be able to get hire by any 135 operation or a regional like skywest or horizon.the reason is because i had a misdemeanor back in 1994 and a violation back in 1997. as you know we all make mistakes in life. so what do you think? what are my options? anybody that you know went through the same problem? please help!!
p.s. i have all the 135 requirements. thanks guys.

depends on what you were charged with.........drunk in public = no problem.....drunk while operating heavy machinery = bad......

I think as long as you were not convicted of a felony most of that stuff falls off your record in 7 or 8 years at least thats how it is in Florida. Just tell the truth and let them make the choice.

Swass said:
I think you suck as a thief, good career move.

SWASS you trouble-starting little prik...

hows it going?

Fly frieght, I was told since I never was in jail I didn't have any good stories.

Seriously, don't put it on your resume' but if/when you get a interview, make sure that you tell them. Also when filing out a application there usually a place for misdemeanors, felonies or DUI's. It depends on the companies hirng system when you fill out the app. if prior to the interview, the interviewer will ask what happened just be honest and don't hide anything.

Don't worry about it. Your average 135 company either doesn't investigate that extensively or doesn't give a rats a$$. I'm saying you shouldn't even let the cat out of the bag to a 135 company. 121 however, and bigger 135 ops will have a more involved investigation into your past, and references. So just be honest with em. I wouldn't think those convictions are carreer killer. Any way, what do you have to lose? The worst they can do is not give you the job.

Last edited:
PILOTO said:
both were shoplifting.

There was a guy with a MIP offense on his record and he was hired at a 121 no problems. These are far enough in the past and not very severe I don't think they are that big of a deal. I think your biggest hurdle will be explaining why you received TWO of them. Were they both on the same day (i.e. two counts) or spaced apart (i.e. you got caught and then got caught 2 months later)? If it's the latter, start thinking about stories now. It just shows you didn't learn from your mistakes...

~wheelsup

TwinTails said:
Don't worry about it. Your average 135 company either doesn't investigate that extensively or doesn't give a rats a$$. I'm saying you shouldn't even let the cat out of the bag to a 135 company. 121 however, and bigger 135 ops will have a more involved investigation into your past, and references. So just be honest with em. I wouldn't think those convictions are carreer killer. Any way, what do you have to lose? The worst they can do is not give you the job.
They do 10 year background checks at 135. Plus, for 25-40 bucks, anybody can run a 20 year background check on you. Those searches can have your civil judgements, traffic convictions, criminal convictions, small claims...in seconds.

Latest resources

Back