• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What do you say when someone asks you..

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'd like a good answer for that one too.

Or "When will you be qualified to get a job flying a big airplane?"

The way things are going it won't be long before they ask airline pilots when they can get one of those racy private jet gigs.

Almost as good as:

Are you the Pilot or just the Co-Pilot?

When asked about the big planes, I kindly enlighten them to the luxuries of corporate flying, ie we have the "Best Seat" in the industry.

BenderGonzales said:
I tell them that I used to do that but this job provides me with infinately better lifestyle and job security.

I say something along those lines as well, although not always as "gentle." More like "would you work for the airlines these days?????" Then, after I divulge my employer, the question is usually "they have an airline too?????"

H.Agenda said:
Dont you want to be a commercial pilot, fly big planes?
That's what you get for telling people you're a PILOT. Personally I work in the transportation industy, doing a very boring job that sounds a lot more exciting than it really is.

BenderGonzales said:
I tell them that I used to do that but this job provides me with infinately better lifestyle and job security.

Ditto. I hung out at the majors flying "big planes" for 9 years until something better came along.

I usually get a much more "impressed" response from people when I tell them what I do now.

"Used to be a captain at a major airline" gets the ho-hum. TC

I tell them I am too ambitious to work at an airline. When they ask what I mean, I ask if they have ever been a member of a union. That generally ends the discussion.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back