Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What do you say when people ask who you work for?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
That is what I am saying, the way you are wording it makes it sound like you are being rude. The people I am wondering about are people like neighbors, and friends, and friends of the family, I hate sounding secretive when they ask me about my job, as most non pilots find it very interesting.

Oh, I'm a lot more friendly with the neighbors. That response is for the clueless folks at the FBO and crew hotel who ask me. They should know better. I describe the situation in increasingly more vague terms the closer I am to the area of the world in which we normally operate.

don't even say I fly. I just tell them my business is painting the lines on the bottom of swimming pools, without having to drain them. Patent pending of course. Either that or I'm a door to door vacuum cleaner salesman.

misinformation

I usually say I'm on the pro bowler tour. Guaranteed buzzkill. You can watch the blood and interest drain from their faces.

Just curious how you handle this question, whether it is on the road at the FBO or someone else that you do not know that well.
I had to sign a pretty serious non-disclosure contract, as the person I work for is pretty well known, and I feel like a jerk, or someone who is trying to seem important when someone asks me who my boss is, and I have to respond with "I cant really tell you." Just wondering what you guys do to handle this question.
You'd know who'd be great to ask? The other guy you fly with.

You'd know who'd be great to ask? The other guy you fly with.
I did that, he said tell them whatever you want, just dont say the bosses name.
So in case you are too dense to realize what I was asking, I was asking how to handle the situation so that I do not come across as an a$$, which you apparently have no problem doing.

Latest resources

Back